Untitled Part 15

Workshop Street was located on the opposite side of the grocery street. Unlike the grocery street, it was quiet and clean, and there weren't many people walking around.

Tan walked quickly without even looking at the stores. He was a completely different person from the one who had been carefully choosing items at the grocery store.

"Have you been here before?"

"A few times when I needed to get a sword. If you cross here, you'll come to the general goods store."

"Is there a place that sells weapons?"

"You have to go further down the alley. There's a place where all the blacksmiths are gathered."

While we were chatting about this and that, the tailor's workshop came into view. The cloth hanging outside the store fluttered in the wind.

"Isn't this a fabric store?"

"In this city, tailors do both. They sell fabric and make clothes."

"Hmm."

It was strange, but it was also convenient in its own way. By looking at the fabric displayed outside, you could get a rough idea of whether they made men's or women's clothes. I walked slowly, looking at the fabrics, and found something I liked. I went inside the store and looked at the samples.

It wasn't easy to find a store I liked.

The first store I went to had sloppy stitching. The owner of the second store was arrogant. The third store only had clothes that were as frilly as wings, and the fourth store had different fabrics on display outside than the ones used in the samples.

It wasn't until the fifth store that I felt like getting my measurements taken. The samples showed that the stitching was dense and neat, and the tailor was easy to talk to because he was so outgoing. I ordered two suits and four casual clothes from him.

While the tailor was taking measurements of different parts of my body, his apprentice brought out the fabrics one by one. And put them on my body one by one. Maybe it was because of Albert Letier's hair color and eye color, but all the colors went well with me. Thanks to that, I had a lot of choices.

Tan made a bored expression.

"Do you need to look at that many fabrics?"

"I'm planning to make a few suits this time."

"They'll all look the same on you."

"Really? I don't think people who work in the courthouse think so."

"Well....... That's true."

Tan nodded as if there was nothing he could do. It seemed like he had also been discriminated against because of his clothes at the courthouse.

After choosing the fabrics, I had to decide on the details. I specified the buttons and other details, and the tailor laughed and said that I was a customer with a good eye. He then asked if I wasn't going to order any winter clothes.

He was right that it would get cold soon and I wouldn't be able to wear the clothes I ordered now. Since I needed the clothes anyway, I decided to order them all at once. I told him that I wanted to order two sets each of winter suits, casual clothes, coats, and gowns to wear at home, and the apprentices brought out the fabrics again.

I carefully chose the fabrics. The apprentices busily took notes on which fabrics I chose.

Then I noticed a gray fabric with a blue sheen. The color was vivid and the quality was good, but it didn't look good on me when I tried it on. However, I thought it would look great on someone with black hair and bright blue eyes.