Catnap's playtime

(My P.O.V)

The next day I tried to sneak out of the manor but Barnaby caught me and pulled me close to him, "Where do you think you're going?" I blushed because he never normally held me this close to him. I thought to myself, 'Why is he acting like this to me? Is there something he's not telling me?' I pushed the thought aside. I explained to him that I was headed to the abandoned Playtime. Co factory to look for clues on what might have happened to the missing children.

Barnaby didn't seem to approve of my idea, "Fine, but be cautious. I've heard it's not a safe place for mortals OR ghosts. And please be back two hours before your nightshift." I hugged him then made my way to the factory. As I was walking through town I remembered I still had my phone on me, I grabbed it and looked up directions to the factory. When I arrived at the factory, I entered with caution.

The place was so broken down and practically in ruins, I started to look around. Little did I know I was being watched from the shadows, As I looked around I found a dome like area. I saw a house and went inside.

(Barnaby's P.O.V)

*3 hours later* I was pacing in my room wondering what Barnetta was doing at the moment, I suddenly started to feel anxious and felt a sharp pain in my chest. I instantly knew something was wrong, and without hesitation I went to the factory to look for Barnetta. By the time I made it to Playtime.Co I couldn't tell if I was scared of what could be lurking in the dark, or if I was scared of losing Barnetta.

I looked around the factory trying to find Barnetta, eventually I entered a dome shaped part of Playtime. I heard yelling from the 'Home sweet home' place, I rushed inside and tried to find Barnetta. I kept calling her name, but she never responded. I was about to give up until I heard her, "Barnaby! Are you there?" I called out to her with caution, "Barnetta, where are you!?" as I continued walking eventually I found her, "You were right about it not being safe here." I nodded in a way that said 'I told you so' as we started to find our way out.

I asked Barnetta about anything I should be careful about. She nodded, "We should try not to make too much noise or you'll attract him." I was confused, "Who? Who are you talking about?" Barnetta looked around as if someone was watching, "CatNap, he's very deadly and I already encountered him once." I noticed her hair was covering her right eye.

I pushed it back and saw a big claw mark on her eye, "Like I said, CatNap is very deadly. I'm actually covering my eye because I went blind in it when I ran into CatNap." I looked around as we left the house. After some time passed we continued looking around, eventually we found a machine with some sort of red smoke.

I looked over to Barnetta and noticed she was terrified of something, I looked passed her and saw a tall cat-like monster. Barnetta started running and used her tail to pull me behind her, "I'm gonna assume that's CatNap." She ignored me and we ended up in the center of Playtime.

She tried to use her magic to close the doors around us, I turned around and saw CatNap was coming down the hallway we came through. As soon as she closed the doors, CatNap was banging on the door. I noticed she was breathing heavily, "Barnetta, are you alright? You seem to be weake-." I was cut off when she fell straight onto me, from the looks of it she seemed to be unconscious.

I picked her up and tried to find a way out of the factory, after about an hour I found a way out of the factory. As I left Playtime I thought about what Barnetta said about CatNap, the thought lingered in my head as I went back to the manor.

(My P.O.V)

I don't really remember what happened, but I was very dizzy from an over use of my magic. I heard my phone ring and saw that William was calling me, I pick up and he started asking me why I wasn't at my shift. I explained what happened and told him it would be best for me if I quit my job. After an hour of talking to each other about my job, William told me he'll find someone else to take my place.

He hung up and I went to look for Barnaby, as I left my room I heard someone behind me. I turned around and jumped when I saw Barnaby right behind me, causing me to fell over. He was unimaginably quick to react as he caught me, I blushed as he helped me up.