Fourteen

"How have you been?" Rosé asked as she took a sip of her wine with Iseul sitting in front of her at a golden bar. "You know, been busy with work lately." Iseul responded with a smile appearing recalling the moments of her work with her CEO.

Rosé looked at Iseul eagerly to know more, "seriously? You're not seeing anyone?" Iseul eyed Rosé from her drink, "I mean.. I'm" she said.

The girls eyes lit up as she heard her friend finally got with someone, "how's he?" She continued, "he's admirable, I think I feel something towards him." Iseul felt a bit hesitant saying those words but still managed to spit it out.

"Are you still that girl from college who keeps confusing guys?" Iseul looked at Rosé trying to argue back, "no! It's just I promised myself not to be with anyone but here we are." A huge sigh left her mouth as she chugged down the liquor in the cup.

If you are free today, can you come over to my place? Iseul received a notification from her boss. She looked at it and replied, "I'll see you some other time, Rosé." Iseul grabbed her purse from the chair next to her and stood up. Rosé smiled in response and saw her leave.

Ding dong*

Jungkook heard the door ringing to which he rushed in excitement expecting to see one girl and one girl only. He opened the door to see Iseul standing there while smiling. "Come in, baby." He said while gently grabbing her wrist and letting her inside.

As she walked in further, Jungkook led her to the dining table in the kitchen which had her in shock. "What aren't you good at?" She had her mouth wide open almost to the floor seeing all the delicious dishes set on the table which were made by the one and only Jungkook.

"I could do anything for you." He said with a proud full tone. "Let's sit down and eat."

After they ate, Jungkook provided whisky for Iseul and himself too. They moved over to the couch and sat down as Iseul was sitting next to Jungkook but her head was on his chest. The TV was playing in the background with little to no volume as they were talking.

"I feel so much accompanied now that you're here." Jungkook said in relief since it was the weekend and he did not want to spend it alone. Iseul smiled though he can't see it.

"You know, I don't think I ever loved someone as much as I love you." He continued expecting Iseul to say something but she didn't respond.

"Have you?" He asked. But still silence. He gently removed her head from his chest for her to sit up straight and look at him. "No." She replied at last without looking at him, "I don't think I have ever felt emotionally attracted to anyone. I don't get it."

Jungkook held out his hand to face him by her chin, "what do you mean?" He tone changed just like that upon hearing this.

Iseul looked at his eyes with unreadable emotion, "I don't know how to love someone correctly." She sighed feeling defeated since she had never said this to anyone.

As he was still eyeing her intensely, he continued, "you can feel it in you. They bring the best out of you."

Iseul still had an expression that didn't change from the start, "how do you know you love me?" She asked waiting to know, "you make me feel so different. Calm." He replied, "don't you love me?"

Iseul stayed quiet for a few seconds as her eyes drifted away from his but she could feel his intense look on her, "I'm.. not sure." She sighed as she looked back at him and he looked very disappointed and calmed his anger.

"Do I not make you feel some type of way?" He asked once again.

Iseul raised her eyebrows before replying, "you do, but every other guy made me feel some type of way too." She hesitated to say that last sentence but she couldn't hold it in.

Jungkook didn't have anything to say in response, he was left speechless. Anyone could see how he was filled with anger but he didn't show that side. He relaxed back on the couch and tapped his thigh indicated for Iseul to rest her head there and she did.

It was too silent in the room but it wasn't any awkward silence. He eyes her side profile was putting a few strands of her hair behind her ear. "Do I still have a spot to loving you once I figure myself out?" Her words sounded so sincere.

She slowly turned to face Jungkook who was already looking at her. "I'll wait for you." He replied as he moved closer to her face and placed a small kiss on her cheek.

I'll wait. Jungkook thought with emotions that feel unexplainable to him.