Untitled Part 19

Tan didn't take long to get ready to go out. Thanks to him, we were able to leave the house faster than I expected.

However, it took us quite a while to find a suitable restaurant.

There were too many restaurants that didn't serve pheasant stew stuffed with rice and vegetables, or that turned away people who didn't have a reservation, or that kicked us out because we weren't wearing expensive clothes. By the time we went through each of them, it was getting late for dinner.

We finally found a restaurant. It was decorated so extravagantly that it was embarrassing. The restaurant was full of young women. There were no tables where only men were sitting. However, pheasant stew and fish soup were on the menu, and they didn't ask us to make a reservation and come tomorrow, and they didn't insult us by pointing out our clothes.

Tan frowned at the pink and cream silk wallpaper, the elaborate tapestries on the walls, and the glass ornaments that reflected the light in all directions. He made an even more disgusted face when he was led to a table with a lace tablecloth and a small basket full of flowers. But he didn't say anything about leaving.

The waiter took their order and disappeared. Soon, he came back with a line of dishes. They smelled delicious.

The fish soup was just okay. It wasn't as spicy as he thought it would be, so he had to call the waiter twice to change the dish. As he took a sip of the bright red fish soup, Tan said, looking at the food in front of him.

"I think I'm going to throw up."

"Is this your first time in a place like this?"

"I've been to fancy restaurants a few times. But this is the first time I've been to a place that's so suffocatingly pink. You seem to be used to it, Professor."

"I wouldn't say I'm used to it, but it doesn't bother me. Pink and lace don't attack people."

Tan made a strange expression.

"Hm?"

"It just doesn't sound like something Professor would say."

I took another sip of the soup without saying anything.

For a moment, I almost replied that 'It was what Bianca said.' Forgotten that I was Albert Lettieri, and I had lost my personal memories after eating Hadaphloraboravo.

The topic was dropped as if it wasn't meant to be anything significant. Tan shrugged and took a sip of his soup. His expression brightened a little. It seemed that he didn't like the atmosphere of the restaurant, but he liked the food.

The large bowl of soup was quickly emptied. The quick-witted waiter took the dishes away. I handed the waiter my bowl, which was about a third full.

Tan was glancing around the store again.

"By the way, Professor, did you have a girlfriend?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

Tan scratched the back of his neck.

"Oh, it doesn't make sense to ask you, Professor....... I asked a stupid question."

"Why? Was there something bothering you? I thought you were just cleaning up the warehouse today."

"Actually, I had a guest this morning."

"A guest?"

The waiter came with a steaming pheasant stew, and the conversation stopped for a moment. It came with a pie with pheasant meat inside and two kinds of pickled vegetables.

As the waiter cut the pheasant into pieces for easy eating, the rice and vegetables that had been cooked in oil spilled out from inside. It had the savory smell of oily meat.