prolouge

JUNE 23rd — home

"bruce. this uhm summer we are going to move" his mom said unexpectedly.

he was shocked. they didn't tell him anything until now.

"what? mom, why? im busy this summer."

"well your fathers side lives in there and wants to see their grandchildren. and i guess its too bad bruce. you have too."

"what? i don't even get a choice in this. those are random ass people" bruce whined.

"bruce, watch your language. tommorow your leaving with your sister amy."

"mom. please no. how else am i suppose to play baseball or have friends?"

"bruce. no complains. youll be back around august."

"i can't go mom. especially if youre not. i can't just be with amy."

"listen brucey. im sorry but its only for summer. they just want to meet you guys. i promise baby. wont be for long." his mom said ending the conversation. as she rubbed his cheeks.

"im gonna go to the store, ok baby? ill be back. love you." his mom spoke pinching his cheeks. bruce smiled. it wouldn't be that bad, right?

"ok mom. can i go to rya's house, i want to tell her im leaving"

"tommorow."

with that mom finally left. bullshit. no way he was going to france. his dad and mom have been divorced since bruce was 13– now he was a sophmore at 16.

his dad never reached out until all of a sudden. he walked upstairs and went to his room. he flopped right on his bed.

he sat there in silence. no fair. this summer was suppose to be the funnest summer ever, now its ruined.

"what are you even doing, weirdo?" amy asked. bruce lifted his head.

"get out amy." bruce said throwing a pillow in her direction. it hit her.

"no, why are you mopeing around all sad?"

"france"

"what?"

"france dumbass."

"what about it?"

bruce finally looked back up.

"mom hasn't told you?"

"tell me what?"

bruce wanted to say it but his mom would tell her herself.

"nothing jackass. now leave."

amy groaned then started walking out of his room and slamming the door.

bruce bowed his head again. why did his dad want him now? no contact for years and then poof he is here.

bruce just hoped for the best as he allowed himself to fall asleep. maybe his dad will change his mind, or something like that.

bruce fell into a slumber.