nine

++BRUCE YAMADA++

he shouldve wore a jacket with a hood. his hair began drooping down sticking to his face. he was running he didn't know where but he was running. he remebered when finney "doxed" him.

he only told bruce vances address. now what were the numbers?
883 Frierhs Street or
888 Frierhs Street or something else.

he needed to find vance. he had too. he needed too. he ran until he saw the street name "Frierhs" he took a quick turn and ran. but what had finney said?

"bruce! you know vancey here lives at ——— Frierhs Street"

why couldn't he figure it out. it was for sure a 800 numberw. wait. he looked at the cars in the drive way. vance dad. he had a chevy. he scanned until he found a chevy.

he hoped vances dad wouldn't be mad. he walked to the door that read: 887 Frierhs. he second thought. did he want to talk to vance. i mean finney did sound urgent but maybe vance would punch a hole through his head. no contact.

but he did want to see vance after all so he would have to risk maybe the rest of his life just to see vances stupid perfect curls.

he knocked. not hard. vance dad from the stories didn't seem so nice. he didn't want to push to much.

a shorter blonde curly head opened the door. it was like finneys hair but more curly. he was chewing on something.

"yeah?" the boy asked. shit. bruce got the wrong house.

"uhm vance- does vance live here?" bruce shyly asked.

"yeah? why?"

"can you call him down.. please?" bruce asked. the worriness of how vance would react scared him.

"hes not here. hes at the pinball machine, grab n go. they call him pinball vance for a reason"

"who are you?"

"wow uhm im his younger brother griffin, would you want to come inside for a second. i mean its pouring?" the boy offered sounding offended at first.

"im gonna g-go find him.. nice meeting you!" bruce said. running back away to go to grab n go now. he was a batter. he should be used to running yet he was tired as hell.

he finally saw grab n go and crossed the parking lot and looked through the window. vance was so distracted by the game he didn't even notice bruce looking through the window.

boy was vance handsome. his curls falling before his face, his concentrated face was adorable. bruce took a deep breath in he let it out before opening the door.

vance didn't look up. he didn't bother. his score ticking up. bruce began to remember everything. about how someone messed with vance while he was playing pinball and he carved the score in their arm.

bruce prayed he wouldn't.
"uh v-vance?" he murmured out.
"what" he roughly spoke out.

"can we talk?" bruce managed to get out. vance finally turned and his eyes widened. before making a look and beginning to play again.

"what do you want, jacky?" vance said agitated.
"outside" bruce wanted to talk in privacy.

"its raining dipshit."
"please."

with that vance scoffed and followed bruce out. the cashier was in shock. vance never stopped playing. even if it was the police.

"what do you want." vance squinted his eyes.

"i want to tell you" he breathed out afraid.

"the truth. i didn't contact you guys since my dad beat my ass for being a quote on quote fag,—"

"and what does that have to do with me?" vance interuppted.

"just listen. when finney invited me over i asked him and he hit me. over and over with a belt. lefz bruises all over. i didn't want you guys to see me since i thought maybe youd guys would judge me and i cut ties because i didn't think i was a fag"

"so you are?"

"vance! let me fucking finish my sentence! i realized i didn't like boys i liked a boy! and he was so fucking perfect in my eyes. vance. i really fucking like you but i know your not a fag and couldn't like someone like me! so i distance myself. i really do love you but i understand if you dont-"

a pair of fresh lips pressed against bruces he knew it was vance his eyes widened but he didn't want to lose this moment. he slipped a hand onto vances neck pulling him closer with newfound confidence. vance hands layed on bruces waist. this last about 40 seconds. and it was absolutely amazing.

when vance broke the kiss bruce eyes widened once more.

"bruce your like the only person in the world i dont mind. i like you too. i was gonna actually try to get a date with you when we called you." vance admitted looking at his feet.

"so w-what are we?" bruce stuttered out. it was a question he dreaded. surely vance wouldn't truly want to date him.

"whatever you want, baby"

the nickname made bruces face light a blush.

"so d-dating?" bruce never stuttered so much in his life. i mean of course he is nervous he just found out his crush since moving likes him back. i mean vance was a pyscho. he did whatever the fuck he wanted.

bruce was a polar opposite. he followed rules, stayed out of trouble— literally did anything to stay OUT of trouble. vance hopper would run towards trouble the second it called his name.

but they liked each other. if someone hated them for it so what? i mean bruce would most definently care. i mean a whole lot. go to his room and cry about it. but vance wouldn't care.

maybe vance would be a terrible boyfriend who beat the shit out of bruce for small shit. or maybe vance would be the best boyfriend in the world. and do everything for bruce.

people say opposites attracted in this case, that is true.

"if thats what you want brucey." vance said.
thats exactly what bruce wants.