Chapter 5 - ROOFTOP

It's an odd sensation, being so exposed yet feeling oddly comfortable in her presence.

"Thanks, Renee" I say softly, feeling a sense of gratitude wash over me.

Her smile softens, and she reaches out to gently brush a strand of hair away from my face. "Anytime" she murmurs, her touch sending a shiver down my spine.

For a moment, we're lost in each other's gaze, the air between us heavy with unspoken words and emotions. again my heart is rumbling.

But before the moment can last any longer, a voice interrupts from behind us.

"Hey, what's taking so long?" It's Lola, her voice cutting through the tension with a hint of amusement.

I hear renee sight of annoyance we break eye contact

"We were just... changing" I stammer, trying to regain my composure.

Lola raises an eyebrow, her expression teasing. "Sure you were" she says with a knowing smirk.

As we make our way back to join the rest of the group, I can't shake the feeling of Renee's touch or the warmth of her gaze. It's as if something has shifted between us, something unspoken yet undeniable. Despite knowing each other for only a day, there's an inexplicable connection.

But amidst the laughter and chatter of our friends, I push those thoughts to the back of my mind, content to enjoy the rest of the evening in their company.

"Should we go out?" I suggest, changing the subject.

"Go out like outside?" Alexander asks

"Yes, like to a bar or a club. I don't know" I reply.

"That could be great, actually, because this place is closing soon" Alexander remarks. "We have to go."

"I'll take our things back to the hotel and join you after" Bella offers.

"Okay, cool" I respond.

Renee remains silent, her demeanor subdued since rejoining the group. Concerned, I turn to her.

"Are you okay? You seem quiet since we got back with everyone."

My question seems to snap her out of her reverie.

"Yeah, yeah, sorry. I'm just a little tired. But a night out seems great. We have to enjoy our last night in Brussels anyway."

I knew she wouldn't stay forever but it breaks my heart a little that she is leaving so soon, that they are leaving so soon. Well I have to get back to London in a few days anyway. Taking Renee's hand in mine, I address the group.

"Okay, let's go then, we have to make the most of the time we have left together"

As we walk through the streets in search of a place to party, the energy is palpable. Conversations flow, laughter rings out, and Renee doesn't let go of my hand, anchoring me to the moment as we navigate the bustling city streets.

After a few minutes of wandering, Alexander spots a lively bar up ahead.

"How about this place?" he suggests, pointing to the neon sign flashing above the entrance.

"It looks perfect!" Lola exclaims, her excitement contagious.

With unanimous agreement, we make our way inside, greeted by the thumping bass of music and the buzz of conversation. The atmosphere is electric, with people dancing, laughing, and enjoying themselves all around us.