Chapter 7 - TROUBLEMAKERS

It's 7 am, I'm all set to hit the road back home. Before I leave, I do a quick scan of the room, making sure I've got everything. Then, as I step into the bathroom, I can't help but smile at the post-it note Renee left on the mirror. With a smile, I tuck it into my wallet, a little keepsake from the weekend.

The flowers she gave me are still sitting on the table, I can't take them with me. Leaving the room, I drop the key off at the hotel reception as instructed before making my way to the train station.

During the journey, I catch up on emails and organize my week ahead. Today, Monday, is relatively light in terms of work, with only a meeting scheduled for the evening with an old client. I worked with him at the very beginning of my career, when I was still working in an architectural office. We got along very well so from time to time he calls me to ask for advice.

Tuesday promises to be hectic with multiple meetings lined up with potential new clients.

Wednesday is always a day I look forward to. I usually do intervention in classes and it's pretty much the same plan everytime. I'm going to stay there all day, usually I start with ice-breaker games, time for everybody to get comfortable with each other. Then we delve into what architecture means to them, discussing their city, favorite spots, least favorites, and why they feel that way. After a break, while the kids are out having fun, I chat with the teacher. Once they're back, we get creative. We all have different ways of expression, so I let them draw their city in whatever way they like – drawing, painting, or even crafting 3D models. It's incredible to see each kid's unique perspective and style shine through their work. We take a lunch break and get back after for the afternoon where we continue our craft. We wrap up by assembling all their creations into one giant cityscape, a visual representation of their collective imagination. I love it so much, we can see the personality of each kid in their craft. It's amazing. Everybody gets to do something, some of them have brilliant ideas. I usually take pictures of every artwork for my personal archives. I really like Wednesday.

The rest of the week's schedule hinges on the outcomes of Tuesday's meetings, allowing for flexibility to adapt as needed.

Weekends are reserved for personal projects like writing, drawing, and managing social media. In addition to my personal account I have a "professional" instagram with my works and for now it's going well. Weekends offer me the freedom to work on these at my own pace while still enjoying time with friends and doing whatever I please. I just make sure to post at the right times to keep the algorithm happy.

As I finish organizing my week and make orders on my computer, my train finally enters the station.

After exiting the station, I navigate my way to the metro line, anticipating a 30-minute journey back home. I shoot Lola a text to tell her I've arrived in London. Boarding the metro, I get back to my habits, I like observing people, there are always things to see, always a tone of different people taking the same road and I find that very poetic.

As soon as I swing open the door to my house, one of my roommates, Madison , bounds over to me with uncontainable excitement.

"Maaaxx!! I thought I heard the key in the door! How was it! You have to tell me everything!"

She envelops me in a tight hug, her affectionate nature shining through. Madison, or Maddy as we all call her, has a love language that's, well, pretty over-the-top, but it's one of the things I love most about her.

"Maddy, I'm happy to see you too. Let me just drop off my stuff in my room, and we'll catch up over tea" I reply, smiling at her enthusiasm.

"How is Lola ?" She asks, her curiosity piqued as always. Maddison always had a crush on my best friend. She never misses a chance to tease us about it.