Chapter 33 : CANADA

A.N

Hiii, sorry again, I'm late and I don't think they will be another chapter this week...

I'll try to write this week end but I'm really not sure I will have time, I'll try my best

I hope, like always, that you like the story ! Do you have suggestions ? I'm running low on ideas for filler chapter ...

Anyway, enjoy, don't forget to like and comment, it's always nice

Byee, M

-----------

Max's POV

As June started and the warm air wrapped around me, I couldn't shake off the feeling that big changes were on the horizon. My new job is not starting until 2 weeks. My to-do list for the next few days seemed endless : organizing my move to LA, searching for a place to live, packing up my things here, saying goodbye to my friends...the list went on and on.

Ok so if you couldn't already tell I'm under a lot of stress. Yet, amidst the chaos, Renee has been a lot of help. We start calling each other again everyday, she is helping me find a place in LA, taking time to talk and take my mind off the stressful events. She listened patiently as I wrestled with the right words to break the news to Maddy and Noah. Remembering me to also take time for myself. Really she has been perfect, I think she is blaming herself for what happened and is trying to make up for it. I've told her a million times already that it isn't entirely her fault, but she doesn't want to hear it.

It's the beginning of June so the weather will be good but not too hot. I'm alone at home right now. I have to talk to Maddy and Noah tonight so maybe we can do that around a picnic. I reached for my phone, fingers dancing over the screen as I sent a message to Maddy and Noah.

Bad Bitches No Underwears 💋

Minimoys 😈 1:32 PM

Hi bitches ! Picnic at the park tonight ? I actually have someone to tell you ...

No' 👾 1:36 PM

Yep, I'm out of work at 6PM, I'll join you at the park

Mad Maddy 🤠 2:39 PM

Yess !

Mad Maddy 🤠 2:40 PM

Is everything okay ?

Mad Maddy 🤠 2:40 PM

Is it bad ?

Minimoys 😈 1:42 PM

Yeah yeah don't worry, I'll see you tonight🧡

With my trip to LA getting closer, I realized I had to make time for family before diving into all the changes. What better excuse than my sister Lou's birthday coming up? Sure, it's not until September, but who doesn't love an early birthday surprise?

Lou had always been fascinated by the idea of exploring the serene lakes of Canada, with their crystal-clear waters reflecting the surrounding lush forests and majestic mountains. Her eyes would light up whenever she talked about it, painting vivid pictures of canoeing along tranquil waters, camping under the starry night sky, and roasting marshmallows by a crackling campfire. For her 16th birthday, I was determined to turn this dream into a reality.

I began planning the trip, selecting the perfect lakeside campsite, researching the best routes for hiking and canoeing. I wanted to make sure that every moment of her birthday adventure was filled with joy and wonder, creating memories that would last a lifetime.