𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

˗ˏˋ꒰💛 ꒱

𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟗 !

A finger runs down a white piece of paper taped to the door, revealing the cast list for University of Michigan's musical, "A Very Potter Musical," penned by Nick and Matt Lang. 

Milo Richter's finger traces the list until she spots her name beside the character Ginny Weasley. The cast list is pretty straightforward. 

It was as followed:

Darren Criss as Harry Potter

Joey Richter as Ron Weasley

Marlow Walker as Hermione Granger

Lauren Lopez as Draco Malfoy

Dylan Saunders as Professor Albus Dumbledore

Milo Richter as Ginny Weasley

Tyler Brunsman as Cedric Diggory & Cornelius Fudge

Joe Moses as Severus Snape 

Mak as Cho Chang

Jim Povolo as Vincent Crabbe 

Sango Tajima as Lavender Brown

Brian Rosenthal as Professor Quirrell

Joe Walker as Lord Voldemort

Harper Richter as Vincent Crabbe

At the bottom of the paper, there was another little note that said.

 "The script and the sheet music were sent to your email. The read-through will be next week." 

Milo read it quickly before slipping her hands into her jeans pockets. With a smile, she turned and headed back to her dorm, eager to check her email and get started on preparing for the read-through.

As she made her way towards her dorm, Milo felt a gentle pair of hands on her shoulders, prompting her to glance back. "Did you see the cast list?" the voice inquired before shifting to walk alongside her. 

Milo turned to see her twin brother, Joey, matching her stride. His eager expression mirrored her own excitement.

"Yeah, I did," she replied, a wide smile breaking across her face. "Guess what? I got the role of Ginny Weasley!" Milo's voice bubbled with excitement as she shared her news with Joey. 

His eyes widened in delight. "No way! That's incredible, Milo! I'm so proud of you!" Joey's genuine happiness for her was evident in his voice.

As they continued their walk, Milo couldn't contain her curiosity. "What about you, Joey?" she asked eagerly.

 Joey grinned and nodded. "You bet! I'll be playing Ron Weasley," he announced proudly. Milo's face lit up with joy. "That's fantastic! We're both in it together!" she exclaimed.

The two strolled along in silence for a few minutes until Joey decided to break it. "I'm heading back to my dorm, and me and Dylan are going to look through the script. If you wanna join us, you're more than welcome," Joey offered to Milo, who glanced at her brother.

Milo felt her cheeks flush at the mention of Dylan's name, a reaction Joey didn't miss. "You're blushing," he teased, grinning mischievously at her.

"I am not," Milo quickly denied, shaking her head in embarrassment.

"Sure, if you say so," Joey teased again, enjoying his sister's discomfort.

"Uh- I'm good. I'm heading to my dorm to look through the script with Meredith and Mak," Milo explained to Joey, who nodded in understanding.

"Alright, see you later," Joey said with a smile before heading off to his dorm. "See ya," Milo replied, returning the smile as she watched her brother walk away.

˗ˏˋ꒰💛 ꒱

As she pushed the door open and entered the dorm room, she immediately spotted Meredith Stepien, who wasn't part of the show, and Mak who was. The two were seated on the floor, their attention focused on Mak's laptop.

"Hey Milo!" Meredith greeted cheerfully, her smile infectious as she motioned for her to join them. Milo placed her bag on the ground and walked over, taking a seat next to Meredith.

Mak glanced over at Milo, a mischievous glint in their eyes as they teased, "So, Dylan's in the show."

Milo let out a sigh, feeling a blush creeping onto her cheeks. "Don't do this, Joey already teased me a few minutes ago about it," she replied to Mak, shooting them a playful glare.

Mak couldn't help but grin, enjoying the opportunity to tease their friend.

"So, who knows about your crush on Dylan?" Meredith started teasing Milo, who looked at her in surprise.

"I don't have a crush on Dylan!" Milo quickly protested, feeling her cheeks flush with embarrassment.

Meredith and Mak exchanged a knowing glance before turning back to Milo with playful grins. "Sureeee," they chimed in unison, teasing Milo even more.

Milo glanced at her two friends before shifting her gaze back to the laptop. "Can we just focus on the script?" she suggested to Mak and Meredith, a hint of frustration in her voice. 

The two of them chuckled and nodded in agreement. "Yeah, let's get back to it," Mak replied, turning their attention back to the laptop screen.

As they resumed looking through the script, Mal suddenly paused, their brow furrowing in confusion. "Who's playing Vincent Crabbe?" they inquired, looking to Milo and Meredith for answers.

Milo shrugged, her mind drawing a blank. "I have no clue," she admitted with a shrug, prompting Mak to pull out their phone and check her photos. After a brief moment, Mak looked up and delivered the news to Milo. "Your sister is playing Vincent Crabbe," they announced, therir tone tinged with surprise.

Milo's eyes widened in realization. "Harper?" she clarified, seeking confirmation from Mak, who nodded in response. "Oh, I didn't know she auditioned," Milo remarked, genuinely surprised by the revelation.

˗ˏˋ꒰💛 ꒱