𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

˗ˏˋ꒰💛 ꒱

It was intermission, and Milo hadn't yet shared the news about her and Dylan with Joey and Harper.

Milo hurried over to Joey during intermission, excitement bubbling inside her. Joey, engrossed in his phone, looked up as Milo approached. "Hey, M," he greeted her with a smile, setting his phone aside. "What's up?" he asked, noticing Milo's beaming expression. 

She couldn't contain her joy any longer. "So! Me and Dylan are together!" she exclaimed, her smile widening. Joey's eyes lit up with surprise and delight. "No way!" he exclaimed, mirroring Milo's excitement. "Yes way!" Milo confirmed, her happiness evident in every word.

"Who else have you told?" Joey asked his sister, a hint of excitement in his voice. Milo chuckled softly, "Just you. I'm gonna go find Harper right now and tell her," she informed Joey, who smiled warmly at her. He watched Milo walk away to find Harper, feeling happy for her.

˗ˏˋ꒰💛 ꒱

Milo saw Harper and Lauren in the other hallway and walked over to Harper with a smile on her face. Lauren glanced over at Milo and then at Harper. "Uh, I have to talk to Joe," Lauren told Harper before walking past Milo with a small smile. 

Milo watched Lauren walk away and then turned her attention back to Harper. "So, big news," Milo said excitedly to Harper, who turned to face her older sister. "Oh?" Harper responded, curious. 

She took a deep breath. "Me and Dylan are together!" she exclaimed. Harper paused for a moment, processing the news. "When did he ask you?" Harper inquired, intrigued. Milo's excitement was palpable.

 "Right before the show," she replied. Harper smiled warmly at her older sister. "That's amazing, Milo," she said. Just then, the band started to play the music for Act 2 to start. "Guess I'll see you later, M," Harper said, beginning to head to the stage.

After the show, Milo was removing the wig she wore for the performance. "Are you going to dinner with the rest of the cast?" Dylan asked Milo, wrapping his arms around her. Milo turned around to face Dylan. "No, are you going?" she asked. Dylan shook his head. "No," he replied simply. Milo smiled softly at him. 

"Well, maybe we could grab something together?" she suggested, a hint of anticipation in her voice. Dylan's eyes lit up. "That sounds perfect," he said, planting a quick kiss on her cheek. They both grinned at each other, excited for some alone time after the exhilarating performance.

˗ˏˋ꒰💛 ꒱

The two sat up in Dylan's dorm room, which he shared with Harper and Lauren, while the rest of the cast was out at dinner. A movie played in the background, its soft glow casting shadows on the walls. 

Dylan reclined against his pillows, while Milo sat cross-legged beside him, both engrossed in their phones. Milo scrolled through Twitter, occasionally pausing to chuckle at a meme or reply to a message, while Dylan flipped through messages on his phone, occasionally glancing up at the movie screen.

Milo glanced at the time on her phone and realized it was getting late. "It's getting late, I should head out," she told Dylan, who looked up from his phone with a nod. 

"Alright," he replied, standing up. Milo followed suit, and together they made their way to the door. Dylan walked Milo to the door, bidding her goodnight as she left.

˗ˏˋ꒰💛 ꒱

Milo entered her dorm room, shared with Meredith, who was engrossed in her laptop. Meredith glanced up as Milo entered, curious about the show. Milo couldn't contain her excitement as she shared the news. "Dylan asked me to be his girlfriend!" she exclaimed, settling down beside Meredith. Meredith's eyes widened in surprise. 

"Really?" she asked, impressed. Milo confirmed with a nod, lying back on the bed. "Are you planning to come to one of the shows?" Milo inquired, gazing at the ceiling. Meredith shifted her laptop aside and lay down beside Milo. "Yeah, I'd love to. Is Harper in it?" she asked. Milo nodded. "Yeah, she's playing Vincent Crabbe," she replied. Meredith grinned. "Alright, I'll try to come see it soon," she promised.

˗ˏˋ꒰💛 ꒱