Ep 11 - Scraps for One. Or Two?

Donnie pushed his goggles up. He was going to need more materials to fix a what Leo calls it as a 'mere scratch'. Donnie walks to the desk. He couldn't focus on his other plans if they were going to keep wrecking the turtle tank. Taking it on 'joy rides' was going to stop if every time they ride it, a yokai or a villain pops up and messes with it. 'Just because I added shields doesn't mean it's invincible!' Donnie mocked himself. Resources were limited. He had inventions in beta. Repairs are constantly needed.

Donnie rubbed the back of his head, placing his hand down on the desk. Groaning out of frustration, Donnie went over to grab his battle armor shell. Locking it onto his back, Donnie patted the armor shell. He was still quite uncomfortable wearing it ever since the Krang came. Most of the time he doesn't wear it in the lair but his brothers had to pester him about wearing it whenever he goes out.

Donnie grabs a wooden staff. Giving it a quick swing, Donnie rubs his shoulder. His ninpo seemed functional. This will do.

Mikey heard footsteps passing by. Looking behind him, he saw Donnie about to exit the lair. "Donnie!" Mikey called out, starting to get suspicious of him. Donnie halted, turning around to face Mikey. "Yes Michael'angelo?" Donnie responded flatly. Mikey hopped in front of Donnie, crossing his arms. "Where are you going this late out?" He questioned.

"Oh just getting some scraps at Repo's junkyard. Gotta get the repairs done." Donnie pointed behind him. Mikey raised a brow. Noticing Donnie's battle shell was on, Mikey decided to let him go. "Alright but you better come here before the sun sets otherwise I'll be telling Pops and Raph." Mikey commanded.

"Sure sure Angelo. Sure thing." Donnie said, turning back to the exit. "Come back before sunset!!" Mikey called after him. Before disappearing into the tunnels, Donnie's back remained facing to Mikey but he gave a wave to let him know he heard him.

Mikey sighed. "Donnie's 'ought to be more careful with his soft shell." Mikey shook his head. He was well aware of how often Donnie's left his armor shell absent in his lair. And that concerned him. But as much as he wanted to force it on Donnie, he knew had to give Donnie time. Turning back to the lair, Mikey muttered something out.

———                     ———

"No no no. Where is it?!" Donnie groaned angrily, flinging objects out of the pile. "I'm sure that Repo Mantis had it stored here." Donnie mumbled, standing back. Putting his hands on his hips, Donnie looked to the other piles of junk and scraps. "Well. I guess I better get going if I don't want Mikey sounding the alarm." Donnie muttered, grabbing his bo-staff he had left aside.

The night was eerily quiet as usual. The junkyard had some menacing shadows but Donnie was smart enough to know they were just objects stacked together. Donnie set his bo-staff aside again, walking to the nearest pile. He heard shuffling noises but chose to ignore them. It was probably just a cockroach or a mouse.

Donnie continued to rummage into the pile, checking each item before he threw it away. The shuffling noises was poking at his ears. It was faintly noticeably louder. Starting to get annoyed, Donnie grabbed a tin can from the pile. Donnie turned his head around, throwing the tin can instantly at the sound.

THONK

Donnie widened his eyes in alarm. He hit something. Something that wasn't just a cockroach or a mouse. He instantly grabbed his bo-staff, positioning into a defensive stance. Waiting for whatever to pop out or a another sound, he remained in that stance for a few seconds. No response.

Gripping uneasy at the bo-staff, Donnie shouted out. "Whoever you are, show yourself!" Donnie let out a low growl to show he wasn't going to back down easily. Shuffling noises started again but quieter this time. He heard a distant click. Donnie glanced towards the soft click. Before the sound could process inside his brain, he heard an another click, followed by a small object whizzing through the air at him.

Instinctively, Donnie lifted his bo-staff up, shielding himself from the shot. He could tell it wasn't a normal bullet but he couldn't really make it out in the dark. Grabbing onto the small object that stuck to his bo-staff, Donnie manages to get a closer look at it. It was a tranquilizer dart. A tranquilizer dart.

It took Donnie a second to register what he saw. Donnie raised his bo-staff. He needed to retreat! Glancing at his wrist cuff, Donnie twirled the staff as he tried to decide whether he should ask for help or lead them away. No, he couldn't have them reveal themselves. Spotting an opening, Donnie sprinted across the clearing, diving behind a pile before more darts flew at him.

Donnie didn't want to hurt the humans. He was supposedly a good guy along with his brothers. But in a situation where the humans was trying to either capture him or kill him, he didn't really have much of a choice. Donnie cuffed his hands together, a purple glow radiated through the tiny spaces between his fingers. How about a smoke bomb?!

Donnie thought, hurling the device towards the center of the clearing. It landed with an impact, smoke exploding and covering the entire opening. Donnie scoffed at his plan. He loved it when his plans goes his way. It was truly satisfying.

Sprinting to the other side of the junkyard trying to go through the exit, he heard a commotion ahead. Instantly ducking and crouching besides the small piles, Donnie peeked over to see what the commotion was about. Donnie unconsciously lifted his hand up, grabbing his goggles and pulling it down. Much better.

He could see two people at the gate but he had a bad feeling about it. Donnie glanced to the side of the fences. Of course! He could've gone over the fence! Smirking at himself, Donnie approached the fence, grabbing onto the metal bars. Slowly and attempting to quietly climb over it, he heard a small commotion. Turning his head, Donnie noticed the two people who was guarding the gate was staring at him. Donnie lifted his hand, making a gun position. "Sorry pals. No mercy from me today."

Donnie's ninpo made a clone of a gun right above Donnie's gestured hand. Donnie flicked his hand up, the ninpo gun crackling as it released the trigger.

–BOOM–

Donnie looked over at the smoke his ninpo has caused. The sound was going to give away his position. Donnie turned back, leaping off the fence. Now he just needed to shake his trail and loose them. Easy peasy.

Donnie sprinted around, giving off a scattered ninpo trail around. He wasn't sure if they could detect his ninpo or not but just to be safe.

Hiding in a cornered space, Donnie hid until he couldn't hear the commotion. After waiting a while, Donnie glanced up from his spot. Area looks clear. Donnie thought, standing up. He was still getting an uneasy feeling tugging at him but he couldn't figure it out. Shaking it off, Donnie wanted to go back to the lair.

He heard ragged breathing behind him.

Startled, Donnie whipped around to see what was behind him. Widening his eyes as the figure walked into the dimmed night light, Donnie was speechless.