Ep 17 - Mission Desmission

The machine made a mechanic sound of trills and beeps. Ben hovered his finger over the machine, his pupils dilated with curiosity.

"Don't touch that."

The hovering finger halted. Ben turned to Kendra. "And what does her majesty requests?" The fox mask smiled teasingly.

The teenage girl rolled her eyes in expasteration. She crossed her arms as she stared at the sitting masked figure. "Just get away from that. It's important."

"Say pretty please?" Ben smiled innocently. Kendra shot Ben a glare. "Ew. No way. Begging is for losers." Kendra scoffed.

The fox mask eyes stared at Kendra, his expression blank. There was an uneasy feeling coming from him.

Kendra turned around, walking back to her chair. Ben quietly stood up, walking a couple feet from behind. Kendra flopped into her chair with sighs. "Jase. Tell me you found the location." Kendra muttered, clearly in a bad mood.

Ben stood behind Kendra, staring at the back of the chair. His gaze shifted slowly to the console. The screens emitted a light hue of purple light, making the silver machines seem purple. The sounds were muffled but Ben could make out the soft beeping from the console.

Dazed, Ben stared at the soft flashes of red light, blinking. There were some noises becoming louder until Ben heard a shout that pierced Ben's ears. Staggering, Ben looked up at Kendra who was angrily looking at him.

"Pay attention newbie if you wanna join." Kendra scowled, leaning back into the chair. Ben rubbed the side of his head, frowning. Can't he just think in peace?

Kendra stared at Ben as if to make sure he was paying attention. Kendra gave her herself a spin on her chair. "Alright, listen here mister fox man." Kendra pointed her finger at Ben. Ben smirked and cocked his hips to the side. "Yes my queen?" He did a playful bow.

Kendra scrunched up her nose and oh oh oh it was satisfying to see her like that.

Kendra did a wave gesture as she muttered something to herself. "Listen here boy. I don't do funny business and neither will you when I'm around." Kendra leaned in forward on the edge of her seat with a cold tone. "Aww, come on. I mean you gotta admit it's-" Kendra shot the masked one a look. Ah yep, she means business. Let's hold off the jokes and all for now.

"You." Kendra started.

"You'll guard." Kendra glared at Ben.

Ben widened his eyes with his mouth slightly open as he dramatically placed his hand on his chest. "I'm touched."

"Don't even bother. I just need the others to do our stuff. Besides, I can't trust you with the goods just yet." Kendra eyed Ben as if he was some kind of disease. Ben rolled his eyes.

Psh. Whatever. I don't plan on doing pointless stuff.

-----

The masked figure kicked at a small pebble. Man, this is boring.

The masked figure looked up at the towering building that sat behind him. It didn't really seem special. Why would they want something from it? Ben paced around before sitting down on the steps with his head on his hands. He muttered something.

There was a tap.

"Hmm?" Ben looked up.

A figure rose from it's feet and spreaded his arms out with a grin.

"What's the guy doin' all alone out here?"

Oh. Ah. It's him again. The guy I bit the other day.