Ep 16 - Friendly Encounter

The masked yokai laid on the edge of the roof, his head hanging. He playfully kicked his legs in the air, trying to distract himself.

"UuUgHh...!" The yokai groaned, sitting up. He turned himself around to face the city roads, letting his legs hang off the edge. Kicking his legs in the air, the yokai stared at the bright city lights.

The yokai rubbed his arm uncomfortably.

It hurts.

The yokai leaned towards the edge, shifting himself. He grabbed onto the walls of the building, kneeling over the edge. The yokai heaved himself towards the edge. Toppling over the edge, the yokai grabbed onto the walls of the building.

The yokai stayed onto the walls, completely still. He started to shift, turning around to face towards the ground. Crawling on the walls, the masked yokai leaped onto an another building.

———                             ———

"Somebody stop him!!" A man shouted, pointing towards a fleeing figure. The fleeing figure shifted through the crowds, bumping into some of the people. The shouting man followed after the runaway clumsily, shoving people.

Noticing an alleyway, the fleeing figure dashed into the alleyway, hiding in the dark corner and shrinking himself as much as possible. His dark clothes helped conceal himself as the man ran past the alleyway.

After some time, the figure poked his head out, checking the area. "Area seems clear." He muttered to himself. He lifted his hood up. Or rather, she. The pastel purple hair teenager hid what she had stolen behind her hoodie. "Objective Successful." She smirked, blending in with the crowd.
She suddenly bumped into someone, backing up as she rubbed her nose. "Ouch..." She said, looking up to see who it was.

A fox mask was staring at her intently, his eyes were slightly glowing. She hesitated from the intense stare. She quickly bowed down. "I'm sorry for bumping into you." She apologized, straightening herself back up.

The masked guy lowered his eyes down at the girl's hoodie. He lifted his hand up, slouching slightly forward and pointing at her hoodie. "You're hiding something." He stared at the girl. The teenager flinched from the masked's words, feeling uneasy. "What do you mean?"

The fox mask slowly smiled. "Don't try to hide it. I saw the action." He grinned at the girl. She just stared at the figure's fox mask.

The masked guy straightened himself from his slouched posture, slowly reeling his hand back. He took a step towards the female, continuously grinning. "Whatcha got there?" He reached out for the girl's hoodie.

The girl flinched from the stranger's approach, instinctively slapping his hand away. The masked guy looked taken aback when his hand was rejected.

The teenager girl immediately turned around, bolting. The masked figure stood there, watching the girl bolt away.

"Ohoho? A game of hide and seek?"

Panting, she placed her hands on her knees. "What a creep." She panted. After some time of catching her breath, she stood up straight. She continued to walk down the streets. She reached her hand into her hoodie, grabbing out an object.

She smirked.

Nothing was stopping her now.

She shoved the object back into her hoodie, glancing around to see if no one saw her. The passerbys seemed to not acknowledge her presence at the moment.

"Target Spotted"

The girl widened her eyes, turning around. The fox masked guy was back again. He was waving at her with a grin.