𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟯

It was all silent as Robotnik drove with the two echidna siblings holding on to each side of his  flying vecale.
The whole ride she thought of Sonic. She grew an interest in him. She couldn't shake the guilt that she was feeling.

She remembered what Knuckles had said earlier when they were talking about their sorrows.
About their dad being dead. She wondered why he never told her.
She glance at her brother, deciding if she should ask or not.
Then, she finally had the coach to ask him.

"...Knuckles"

He didn't seem to hear her so she called again a bit more louder.
"Knuckles!"

He looked at her, his face still being in serious mode.
Y/n stuttered out.
"H-How come you n...never told me?"

"Never told you what?"

"You know, what you said to that hedgehog, about father."

Knuckles's face didn't change. He turned away thinking of what to respond.
Y/n went on.

"You told me we were last of our kind, you told me about the owls attacking our kind for centuries, you told me about the master emerald, but never told me about—"

"I didn't know how too"
He finally thought a respond before she can go on.

Y/n went silent for a bit then said.
"What—?"

"I didn't want to upset you. Now focus. Stop!"
He ordered after. Robotnik stopped the ship.
Knuckles noticed a couple of golden rings on the snow.
He hopped off the ship to examine them. he realized there were portal rings. Y/n locked her eyes on him in disbelief.
Robotnik seem to notice what he was examining about.
"Oh yes the rings, that's how that little menace can get to places at any time and anywhere"

Knuckles already knew that, but didn't say anything. he grabbed a ring, and he pictured him island that had that owls temple, then threw it making a portal appear.
Y/n and Robotnik got of the ship and they along with Knuckles walked right inside the portal, their feet stepping onto the sand of the island.

"The owls were fools that they could hide this" Knuckles said.
Y/n still eyed him. She couldn't believe that he quickly changed the subject like that. She then lower her gaze from him and on the compass.
He he then placed the compass inside of a locket that Robotnik un-buried from the sand.
It began to glow and all of the sand were being blown away, showing a pentagram that was glowing in the color green, and then made a bridge across the ocean.

"What's happening?" Y/n asked. The three of them seen the green light go far across the ocean.
"Wait for it" Robotnik said then in explosion hits in the center and green light shut up.
Robotnik started cackling while the siblings started in shock.
"Yes. Eureka!" The man yelled out.
"I've found it!"

The ocean was spread opean revealing stairs that lead to the light.
Robotnik and Knuckles begin to walk down the stairs, and Y/n joined 2 seconds later.

______________________

Tom and Sonic stared at Tails while Maddie held the poor, unconscious creatures, hand, caressing it with her thumb before for the they heard an explosion.
They quickly looked behind them, and spotted from a far of a green light.
"Sonic...what is that?" Asked Tom.
"A big problem" Sonic answered.
"The compass led Robotnik to the emerald"

Maddie chimed in.
"That's got to be hundreds of miles away."

"All right. Huddle up, let's figure out a plan. Together" said Tom
"There's no time for that. i'm the only one that can get there fast enough."
He turned to look at the light again.

Maddie was concerned.
"Sonic, this is way too big for you to do by yourself"

Sonic looked at at them.
"You see that little fox over there?"
He pointed at Tails.
"He came all the way across the universe to meet his hero and what did his hero do? I practically got him killed."

Tom and Maddie were solicited.

"You know you were right, my moment came and I blew it. i'm no hero."

"Wait—" Tom attempted to talk Sonic out of it but there is no use.
"No. i'm not letting anyone else get hurt because of me I'm gonna fix this while I still can."
Then after, Sonic dashed away.

"Sonic wait!" Tom yelled for him.

______________________

On the island, Sonic looked down at the ocean with unease.
"Uh water. why did it have to be water?"
He exhales before getting on his mark.
"Okay, you can do this"
Blue electricity started glowing around his body "I gotta go fast" he said before dashing across the ocean.
As he did, he realized the ocean waves were big, and he tried his best to run over them. he was eventually hit by a big wave in the water.

After, Sonic woke up, finding himself laying on sand? He realized that he was on an island.
He got up and explored and to his amaze he was here where the master emerald is.

Knuckles, Y/n, and Robotnik ran to another direction on the right. out of nowhere, spikes started to shoot them but luckily they missed.
The more spikes popped up from the ground and on the top crushing a few of the flying machines.
The three stopped and ran to the other direction.
A ball with spikes swung then, but they moved before it could hit them.
They read as the spiked ball started to chase them.
"I don't want to die like this! it's dedicated!" Robotnik yelled.

Up ahead, they saw the door begin to close.
"Make room for daddy!"
The wall was so close to closing, but luckily knuckles rushed to it and held it from closing giving his sister and Robotnik time to slide under.
Knuckles then let go then falling onto the ground with Robotnik and Y/n, their legs up and being in disbelief, of all of that, they just went through.
"We're still bipedals, more or less" said Robotnik, before getting up.
Knuckles and Y/n got up after.

"Fire in the hole!"
Fire was the blown out from the wall and the three duck down.
"It never ends!" Said Y/n, obviously annoyed after thinking that it was all over.

"I've solved it. There is a booby trap every second—" A big giant ax, was then swung across, close to his face.
"That was a little early. Oh! so glad it didn't cut off my mustache."
Knuckles proceeded ahead, his sister and Robotnik behind him.
"Hey, little red wrecking Ball."
The siblings looked at him.
"I know you two are dying to get your emerald on, but can we be a little more mindful of our surroundings? may I?"
He then press a couple of buttons on his gloves, getting a little tiny robot to scanned across the walls for any traps in the maze.