Chapter 21: Confusion

From this point on Bular is going to take a little break from the spotlight so that everyone else has a chance to shine. This chapter will take place in Kanjigar's POV along with a few other characters but fear not dear readers Bular will return after a few chapters. I apologize that it took so long to release this chapter. As much as I love writing this story and want to continue writing I can't neglect my educational needs ( Curse you finals).  

*English text                                      * Trollish Text     

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

( Kanjigar's POV)

It all felt so surreal to Kanjigar, One minute ago he was about to head out for his daily patrol only to find Bular waiting for him at the entrance to Trollmarket...with a whelp, then the next minute that he knew Bular ran away from the scene instead of confronting him in a dual as he did before... then there was the words he spoke to him before he left.

" Kanjigar... make sure you give him everything that I couldn't"

These words kept replaying in Kanjigar's mind on loop as he took the crying whelp into his arms as he inspected the box the whelp was placed in to search for clues to... what just happened in front of him. Kanjigar didn't need to take long to find the letter that Bular must of wrote for him to find. The whelp's crying caused Kanjigar to feel a twinge of pain in his heart as the whelp's crying just reminded him of... the old days back in Camelot.

If there was one thing that Kanjigar learned during the time he spent as a father and as a troll trying to survive the growing conflict of King Arthur's persecution of all magical beings and Gunmar's reign of terror in the name of " The salvation of Trollkind" it was the cries of whelplings calling out for their parents... and this whelp was calling out for Bular even though he already noticed that the whelp wasn't the Gumm-gumm prince's child based off of his appearance alone... he still can't get over the fact that the whelp that he thought was lost had been alive this whole time and cared for by... by...

Kanjigar shook his head as he realized the absurdity of his little theory... but if his theory is as ridiculous as he claimed it to be then it would explain as to why did Bular sound hurt and broken when he left. After making sure that there were no human's around the canal that could potentially see him, Kanjigar turned around with the bundled up whelp and the letter in his arms then made his way back to Trollmarket. Everyone in trollmarket was surpised to see Kanjigar back so quickly but they were all more shocked to see a random whelp in the Trollhunter's arms.

It was only after someone in the crowd of onlookers pointed out that the whelp looked half Krubera was when everyone finally realized that the whelp in Kanjigar's arms was the same whelp that was left abandoned in the town of Arcadia Oaks a month ago.

Kanjigar did his best to ignore the trolls trying to swarm him for questions about the whelp as he made his way to the Heartstone in hope of finding Vendel in order to give the whelp immediate medical attention. What concerned Kanjigar the most in this moment was the whelp's weakening state. The poor whelp looked so tired and depleted of energy he could've lost his life before the end of the year... and yet the whelp is spending so much of what little energy he had left in his body to call out for Bular.

" WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS! CAN'T YOU ALL SEE THAT OUR TROLLHUNTER IS ATTENDING TO AN EMERGANCY THAT NEEDS TO BE DEALT WITH"

Just as Kanjigar was about to loose his temper over the crowd of trolls in his way, Vendel shouted out from the distance to get everyone's attention. One by one, all of the trolls that tried to probe the Trollhunter for answers stepped aside to allow Kanjigar a clear path to his destination. Kanjigar followed Vendel inside of the workshop within the Heartstone so the elder can give the whelpling a proper medical examination.

As Vendel took the whelp from Kanjigar he asked Kanjigar for an explanation for what had happened earlier. Kanjigar retold Vendel everything that had happened earlier all the way up to Bular's uncharacteristic behavior while he took out the letter he got out of the box the whelp was originally placed in. Vendel finished his check up on the whelp giving Kanjigar reassuring words that the whelp was fine and only needed some time withing the stone walls of the Heartstone to replenish his body's energy.

By the time Vendel placed the whelp into a makeshift nest on the table he went over to Kanjigar to see the letter that he was holding. Kanjigar huffed as he finished reading the contents of the letter still amazed of what Bular asked him to do with the whelp thinking that he was dreaming only for Vendel to share the same look of surpise and confusion he probably had seconds ago.

" Who would of thought that Bular the Butcher of all trolls would able to show this type of love and affection towards another.  It is a shame that Bular believes this to be the right course of action even if he plans on doing something noble not for this whelp but for Blinky and Aaarrrgghh no less..."

These were the thoughts that ran through Kanjigar's mind as he stared back at the sleeping whelp. After discussing how to address the situation with Vendel, Kanjigar walked over to  whelp's little nest to give the child some much needed words of comfort when he saw the little one stirring.

" shh, shh, shh it's okay little one. Your going to be okay. I promise that as soon as you get better I will bring you back to Bular... your true father. But until then I hope you enjoy your stay here... Borhart"

As much as Vendel hated to admit it... Bular not only proved himself more than worthy of being this whelp's father than the child's birth father couldn't be, but the Gumm-gumm prince even gave the child a name that suited him perfectly... after all the whelp proved himself to be strong and resilient if he can still cry as loudly as he did back in the market despite his poor health. But then again Bular was the one who apparently found him first... perhaps the son of Gunmar did a better job at caring for the whelp without realizing it himself.