Chapter 23: Missing You part 2

Sorry for the long wait everyone, I've been very busy with finals but I will have more free time by the end of next week to keep writing. On an unrelated note, Bular will be making a small appearance in this chapter but he won't be in the spotlight until later on.

* English text                                            * Trollish text 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( Borhart's point of view) 

Even though it has been weeks, Borhart can't forget his papa and misses him dearly. Despite being able to live in comfort and begin to recover from his tiredness there was one thing that was missing... his papa. He remembered the day that he was left into the care of the trolls of Trollmarket, it felt nice being there for reasons that the whelp didn't understand yet all he knew was that the large orange crystal in the center of Trollmarket gave him warmth... but it wasn't the same warmth he had when he was with Bular.     

Over time Borhart began to learn so much under Blinky and Aaarrrgghh's care but the most important thing that he learned was the word papa because it described Bular perfectly. Borhart didn't learn any of Bular's past deeds or titles due to being so young but that  didn't matter to the small whelp. To him Bular was his papa, he was always his papa and became his papa the night that he was born and abandoned by his mother. 

Borhart still suffered nightmares of being abandoned and left behind. Except this time Bular wasn't here to hold him in his arms all through the night and day when he needed him the most. The closest thing he had to his papa now was the blanket that still had some of Bular's scent on it... but that scent had begun to fade as time went on. Even now Blinky and Aaarrrgghh struggled to soothe Borhart  from his nightmares, so far the only thing that they could think of to calm Borhart down was wrap Borhart in his favorite blanket and hold him until he calmed down... but that wasn't going to work forever.    

Blinky had gone as far as to ask Kanjigar for guidance when it became harder and harder for him and Aaarrrgghh to help Borhart calm down from his nightmares... it also became clear that Borhart missed Bular very much. Kanjigar did his best to help Blinky and Aaarrrgghh as best as he could, but until he could find Bular and have him reunite with Borhart the best that he could do was give Blinky advice about parenting that he has learned from his time raising Draal. Borhart overheard Blinky talking with Aaarrrgghh about how they should take him out on a night walk in the woods the next time he has another nightmare during his nap... but he didn't want a walk in the woods, or a nest of clean furs, or even the warmth of the big orange crystal... all he wanted was to be with his papa again. 

( Bular's Pov)

Bular was at his lowest once again, lying in his nest feeling nothing but despair and regret. Ever since he returned to his lair that he has been laying in his nest crying his eyes out for hours on end. He almost rarely ate unless he was force fed something by the goblins or that one changeling that was ordered to check in on him by Stricklander. Despite being asked why was wrong by Krax numerous times Bular remained silent as the changeling struggled with his task to " take care of him".

 One day Bular over heard the phone call conversation between Krax and Stricklander as he laid in his nest holding onto the fur blanket he used the night he found his ... the night he found Borhart, apparently Krax was convinced that Bular the butcher of all trolls has fallen into a deep depression but Stricklander didn't care. This revelation combined with the discovery that the Killahead bridge could only be opened with the trollhunter willingly using his amulet on the bridge only made Stricklander all the more happier, Bular scoffed at the changelings foolishness for thinking that his plans would work.    

Bular's amusement was short lived though... it still didn't dull the pain and empty void he felt in his heart. Bular kept crying as he held onto Borhart's favorite fur blanket... it became Borhart's favorite ever since he first found him. Bular had many regrets from his past but the one that he hates the most out of all of them was his choice to let Borhart go. As Bular felt his body succumb to exhaustion he began to think, if he could have a chance to start his life over again he wished he could reunite with Borhart as father and son living a happy life together... he would never make this mistake again. 

As Bular slept he dreamed that he was napping with Borhart nestled in his arms without a care in the world... if only that dream can become a reality even if it was for only a single day. Bular would cherish that moment as he did with every single last memory he had with Borhart before that night... before that night that he let go of his baby boy.