1~ I Am Who I Am

1~ I Am Who I Am

Sunbury is the most luxurious city to live in if you're filthy, stinky rich! My family wasn't a part of high society by any means. However, once my mother remarried things changed. We finally got to have a nice house in the best city in the world! On top of that I was attending this city's top high school, Sunbury Academy For the Arts. Some would say I'm lucky but I'm honestly just grateful for the way life has turned out.

Long ago, I was a depressed, lonely pre-teen trying to cope with the fact that I lost my father at the ripe age of 5. It was old enough to be able to cherish memories, but still too young to experience those fatherly moments every kid deserves to have. My mother and sister did everything they could to help me cope without having him around and for the most part, it worked. However, my heart was still heavy knowing that he wouldn't ever be able to witness his baby girl grow.

This only heightened when my mom started dating again. Let's just say, I wasn't the easiest kid to compromise with. See, my sister came over to Sunbury because we were struggling with money at the time. My mom entered her into this contest to become a part of a very wealthy family to save us. That's where my sister would meet Jeremy, now our stepfather. I wasn't too keen on him at first, but after a lecture from my sister, I realized I was being a bitch. Once Jeremy got the fair shot that he deserved, we've been inseparable ever since. He's the whole reason we were able to move to Sunbury to begin with.

Now this is also where my sister happened to meet a girl who became my best friend, Saida Hadid. She was the youngest of that prestigious family I was talking about earlier. They were an interesting bunch, to say the least. Saida is the most interesting. She was multitalented being skilled in a multitude of instruments and a very talented painter. Her goal was to be a professional artist one day and I just knew she would get there. Her skills speak for themselves and with her connections, it should be easy.

As for me, my transition to Sunbury Academy hasn't exactly been easy. I got into the dance program like I wanted. I also came in with a friend in Saida, but it took time for people to adjust to me. Mainly because my family isn't as wealthy as some of the other families that live here. Sunbury is all about status and my family had none of that. On top of that, for the past 3 years, I was fighting this inner battle of mine that wouldn't go away no matter how hard I tried. My crush on Saida continues to grow and I can't stop it.

From the minute my sister introduced us, my heart dropped into my stomach. She was gorgeous with her beautiful, wavy blonde locks. To her honey succulent eyes that look adorable when she's pouty. It wasn't just her looks that had me swoon. It was the way she never looked down on me. Accepting me and my family for who we were not because of the money we had. Saida was amazing but I couldn't bring myself to tell her how I felt.

Truth be told, no one knew my identity. I've kept this hidden since I realized my crush on Saida. It was hard to tell how they would react. My family was always supportive but would they support this? My sister was the one likely to give our mother grandkids and have a traditional family. Whereas I'm not like that and don't ever plan to be. There was only one person that caught my interest and it was Saida. Unfortunately, she was taken by none other than Issac Hayes.

The Hayes were also a powerful family with an insane amount of influence. Even more influential than Saida's family and they're big too. That's why when her mom found out Saida had a crush on him, she did everything in her power to make them happen. Issac, on the other hand, was no walk in the park. He was a spoiled brat who had everything, including girlfriends, handed to him. We were friends as he was a part of our group, but my opinion of him is very blah. Saida could do so much better but I couldn't dictate who she liked.