4~ He's A Hayes

4~ He's A Hayes

School ended in a non-memorable way. The day was boring but I'm glad it went by faster than expected. The most exciting thing to come out of this was my encounter with Saida. I still couldn't make sense of what it meant, but my mind couldn't stop thinking about it either. So much so that my dance teacher called me out for being distracted. It wasn't the best day to start pointe when there was so much more to be worried about. I clamored to get to the next level for 3 years and I'm already about to squander it. There needed to be a balance between my level of focus and telling Saida I had feelings for her. It was so hard to figure out but I'll get there.

As for the end of the day, David and Issac had practice while Kailey, Mason, and I were supposed to go to Saida's. She wanted to have this sleepover for whatever reason. The details were missing on our part, but Saida insisted we come. No one could ever turn her down. Especially not when she made that cute pouty face. Her brown eyes got bigger than they already were with her voice getting high-pitched. The manipulation was calculated but it's only because I like her so much.

Unfortunately, Mason decided to back out last minute since they had a private date with someone. That came as a shock to us all. Mason dated but they never dated exclusively. To add to that, this is the first time they won't disclose a name. The person they were seeing was a complete mystery. No matter how much we begged and pleaded, Mason would not give us any details. Not even a small hint as to who it was. They were afraid we would guess it too easily if a hint were given. They were most likely right about that.

So, without Mason, it was just us 3 going over to Saida's. It was much more relaxing riding in the car either way with just her and I. Kailey followed behind us as she drove her Tesla to school. The air was breezy as Saida had the windows rolled down. It was perfect with the spring-like air as it wasn't too cold nor too hot. Now and again I'd look over at Saida whose hair flowed through the breeze so elegantly. My heart comes to a stop every time she comes into my view. She made everything look effortless.

Peaking over, Saida caught me staring as she pursed her lips. My head quickly snaps the other direction because I didn't want her to see the longing in my eyes. I never used to be so wrapped in her. My crush was still prominent but way easier to manage back then. Prom was causing my feelings to heighten to new levels. The fear that she'd find out without me saying anything nestled itself in the back of my mind. Everything would go to shit if she knows without me telling her.

Still, Saida giggled trying to stay focused on the road. "Is there something on my face now?" She asked. Her voice was giddy.

My head shakes with a slight smile on my face. "Nothing I just...I wish I could be as gorgeous as you." I admit.

Her eyes rolled. "Oh, stop that Summer. You're beautiful." She smiles. "Stop self-loathing because we have other important matters to discuss."

I laughed. "Yes ma'am."

I wouldn't call it self-loathing. What I said is truly my opinion. Of course, I'm not attracted to myself so I'm a little biased. She never did like when people told self-deprecating jokes. She believed that everyone was beautiful in their own way. It would be nice if that were true but some people are simply ugly. And I'm not talking about physical appearance.

I'd listen to her as we approached Saida's house. It wasn't the thing I loved to do in my free time, but here we were. Her mom is very...condescending in a way that just ruffles your feathers. She's sort of nice to me because my stepfather, Jeremy, works for their family and has for years. That was about the only person under her that she respected. Status and money were the most important to her parents. Her brother, who had a thing with my sister, is more like Saida where they don't care about any of that. At least their kids turned out normal.