6~ She's All Fluff

6~ She's All Fluff

The weekend came and I was sitting on the front porch with David and Saida. Typically, they'd come over on Saturdays and we'd spend the whole day eating stuff David would make. He was such a great baker that I looked forward to my Saturday mornings. My mom and Jeremy never seemed to mind as they were just happy that I had friends to spend my time with. They were simple parents and easy to please. It helped that my friends were also all respectable which is like gold in my mom's eyes.

As for the others, Kailey was stuck babysitting her younger brother while Mason worked most weekends. Issac never liked to come over and I honestly didn't care. Less time seeing him is always a treat in my book. I'm surprised he didn't complain about Saida being here every weekend though. Our relationship was bothersome to him but I loved that she never let him stand in between us.

Speaking of us, it wasn't shocking to know that Mason told them about Maisie. I could have done without them explaining every detail, but everything they said is true. The girl took an interest in me that was unexpected and left me with a mixed bag of emotions. Thinking about it alone made me want to hurl. She seemed fine being my second option to take to prom, but that felt icky to me. As if I would be using her and that's not the impression I wanted to give off. Getting to know her more personally didn't seem like a bad idea. However, Saida didn't look too thrilled about any of this.

The way her body slouched on the bench gave that much away. She stuffed her spoon so roughly in the ice cream that it made me want to apologize to the delicious, milky treat. It didn't do anything to her besides taste magnificent. She was treating it as though the ice cream were Maisie and it was quite funny. Of course, I wouldn't laugh in her face. That'll just piss her off even more.

David had no problem poking the bear though. "Wow, Sai, you look jealous," he teased.

"I'm not jealous fuck face!" She yelled.

As hard as I tried, I couldn't hold in my laughter with that one. She held so much venom in her voice but her natural tone, as high pitched as it is, just made her sound silly. David was mean for picking on her, but it showed a side of Saida that no one truly got to see. She's the sweetest little thing on the planet...until you piss her off. For some reason, Maisie pissed her off.

It wasn't clear what their relationship was like. I didn't even know she knew her that well up until today. The minute David brought up what Mason told them, her face turned to that of annoyance. If it would bug her that much then maybe we shouldn't be discussing it. Even if Saida didn't like something, she still pressed on not wanting to seem like a problem. To me, she was just expressing normal human emotion. Sometimes it's hard to control it.

Her eyes shot daggers at the both of us for laughing quickly shifting our tune. "I'm not repeating myself," she rolled her eyes.

"Aww, don't be like that. We were only kidding," I try to make her feel better. It always pained me to see her so upset.

David didn't care. "I know Sum-Sums is your best friend, but she's allowed to make others." He chuckled at her childish behavior.

Saida threw the ice cream cup down, seemingly more agitated than before. "Whatever! You can be friends with whoever you want." Her tone said otherwise. "Maisie...she's all fluff! She's certainly not the type of friend you should go to prom with. I mean, aren't you going to take an actual date?"