13~ StakeOut

13~ StakeOut

The weekend arrived, and Kailey and I found ourselves at Saida's. She was excited because she told us her mother was taking us prom dress shopping on Wednesday. After this week, prom will be three weeks away, so we needed to move quickly.

I was happy to accompany her to try on different dresses, but I was not thrilled to be around Saida's mother, Farah Hadid. She was a handful and extremely judgmental. She put my sister through the wringer when she needed to be here. Honestly, my hatred for her stems from how my sister was treated. However, Autumn advised me not to worry about it and to concentrate on Saida. So that is what I did.

What wasn't exciting news to hear was anything to do with Saida and Issac. It is upsetting to hear the bad news, but this was something positive. Something Saida has been pleading for him to do for a long time. I am confident that the only reason he is trying to be a good boyfriend is because I called him out. Perhaps he is afraid she will leave him if he does not get his act together. It did not make the news any less intimidating.

"So, Issac wants to take me on a date tomorrow," Saida blurted out.

"What!?" Kailey and I both said this as we looked at each other.

Saida nodded her head. "Yes, he asked me last night if I wanted to go," she said.

"Have you said yes?" I couldn't help but ask her.

She nodded again to my disbelief. I know that's her partner or whatever, but a date. Issac isn't a known romantic. I mean, he rarely compliments her on her beauty. If he was using her emotions to spite me, that was very low of him. He knew exactly what he was doing, and I did not like it.

Of course, I was not going to say that to Saida. It was not on my to-do list to raise her expectations for something she had been looking forward to. The most important thing to me was her happiness, and if it made her happy, who am I to stop it? Issac is still an asshole though.

Kailey looked at Saida, puzzled by her demeanor. "Okay...are you happy with it?" She pressed for an answer.

Saida pursed her lips and crossed her arms. "I'm not, not happy," she said. "Does it not seem strange that he is suddenly asking to take me on a date?"

"Does something seem off to you?" I chimed in. Please say yes.

Instead, she remains silent, considering what her response should be. It is almost as if she was trying to say something that would appeal to all parties. Our opinions should not have mattered to her because we are not in their relationship. Whatever she felt should be her decision. Not something we forced her to consider. As much as Issac's attitude displeases me, he could make Saida happy and that's what should matter most to her.

Nonetheless, she appears to be at a loss for words and emotions. After the many moments we've shared recently, I wondered if that had anything to do with it. Maybe I am getting ahead of myself, and she is just concerned that her relationship is deteriorating. Though to be honest, that relationship has been shit for a long time.

Her head shook. "No, but let us not worry about it anymore," she decided to change topics. "Our primary focus should be the dress shopping we are about to do!" She exclaimed excitedly.

I laughed as Kailey became excited. "I already know the perfect color to wear." She daydreamed about it constantly.

"Does anyone know if Mason is joining us?" I looked to them for answers.