14~ Holy Shit

14~ Holy Shit

Monday night arrived, and I sat in Kailey's father's car across the street at the park. We arrived thirty minutes early and could see Mason's house clearly. Kailey was not joking about this stakeout, and it was actually kind of fun. Though I am not sure Mason would not notice us sitting here.

Despite our worries, Kailey provided us with snacks and drinks. She even discovered a pair of binoculars that her father had lying around in their attic. We appeared to be out of a movie scene, looking for our cheating partner. This entire concept was insane, but I can not deny how much fun it was to do something with just the girls.

Kailey sat in the driver's seat, looking through the binoculars at Mason's house. Saida sat passenger and told us about her date with Issac. I sat in the middle of the back seat. My body leaned over to the front of the car, scarfing down chips.

Listening to Saida discuss her date with Issac was amusing at best. The guy had no idea what he was doing, and it was obvious every time he attempted to be romantic with her. Saida did not seem impressed with him either, noting that the date was less than ideal.

"It would have been great if it was somewhere I wanted to go, but drag racing?" She was in disbelief that Issac would take her to such a place.

Kailey, who was completely focused on Mason's house, said exactly what I was thinking. "Well, Saida, what were you expecting from him? He always thinks of himself."

Saida pursed her lips, disagreeing. "That is not true. We have some enjoyable moments together." She tried to recall good memories, but nothing came to mind for her.

"Recently, or years ago when you first began dating?" I could not help but ask her. Their relationship has become stale, and I am not sure why she could not see that.

Kailey set the binoculars down for a moment and looked over at Saida. "You could have had anyone you wanted, but you chose to wallow over the guy," she said. "He is our friend, and I adore him, but he is not worth the drama."

Of course, I sided with Kailey. Issac is not the same person he used to be. Admittedly, he was a rather decent guy with a good moral compass and wasn't always glued to his damn phone back then. As the years passed, he became increasingly distant from all of us. His phone was always in his face, and we could not get him to say more than two words. It was as if he believed he was superior to us because of how others treated him. However, when you feel superior to your girlfriend, problems arise.

It did not make sense for him to think he was better than Saida. She descended from the infamous Hadid family. Her father is so revered, her mother's mere presence draws attention, and her brother is as influential as his father in taking over the family business. Issac's belief that he is superior to Saida's supreme bloodline is ridiculous to me.

Meanwhile, I feel incredibly inferior to both of them. My stepfather is Saida's family butler and has worked for them for years before meeting my mother. While Saida was unconcerned about any of it, the reality of the situation remained constant. My family practically works for hers, and I expect her to be interested in dating me? Yeah, fat chance.

Saida rolled her eyes. "You guys just don't get to see Issac up close and personal," she argued.

I scoffed. "Thank God for that." I stuffed another chip into my mouth.