7~ One And The Same

7~ One And The Same

The weeks were coming in hot as we found ourselves back at school. I've done a lot of thinking over the weekend and pursuing Maisie didn't seem like a sound idea. It's not that I didn't find her attractive because she was gorgeous. After speaking with Saida, maybe it would be best if I jumped off that train while I could. Besides, that girl was way too powerful to want to play around with someone like me. What would she even gain from being my prom date?

Just as I'm expelling any thoughts of her from my head, she pops up. Mason wasn't joking when they said she was a part of the dance program. There Maisie stood by the abnormally tall windows in her leotard and tights. All of her beautiful hair was being pulled up into the tightest of buns known to man. How she managed to get all those strands up so effortlessly was impressive. She looked different with it like that yet somehow still perfect.

People were going up to her every 2 seconds just to compliment her on her appearance. Though she was nice about it, I can tell it annoyed her. The girl could barely get on her pointe shoes without somebody gunning for her attention. It wasn't happening to me, and I found it annoying just to watch. Popularity has its perks, but being hounded by random people daily was such a turn-off. I thought I'd make her life easier by not going over to say hi, but she spotted me.

As soon as she tied up her shoes, her head lifted connecting us through eye contact. That bright blue hue was captivating to see. The sun makes them sparkle in unprecedented ways. Realizing who I was, she slowly made her way over with a wicked smile on her face. Everyone around us watched as Maisie, the girl they were clamoring for attention, gave it to me. The envious glares were a lot to take in, but I held my own. Honestly, my eyes could barely remove themselves off the girl approaching to care about anybody else.

Maisie stopped in front of me with that sultry smile on her face. She wasn't afraid to openly flirt with anybody she may have found attractive. Luckily, I was that anybody. I said I wasn't going to try anything with her to honor Saida's warning, but my course of action derailed the minute she marked her prey. The nervous feeling was back as it was hard to tell if it was because we didn't know each other or that she was simply a goddess. My heart, as big as it is, may be willing to make a spot for her if she's game.

Resting her hands on the barre, she looked back at me this time with a soft expression. "Care to stretch?" She would ask me that.

Gulping, I nod my head making sure there is enough space between us 2. Everyone else in the class began to murmur probably trying to figure out what was happening. She came over to me and I barely knew what was going on. It was very hard to do a plié when I was standing next to someone who could change my world in a copious number of ways. Jesus, I'm sweating already.

We continued to stretch switching from demi to Grande pliés before doing tiny relèves. I tried to keep my breathing in check focusing on completing my movements. Thinking to myself: this is no big deal, we're simply...stretching. Yes, stretching. However, those thoughts didn't get me very far and Maisie didn't plan to sit in silence forever. Turns out she was dead serious about prom and not to go as friends. She wanted to go as something...more. Something I'm still not sure I could give her.

Her eyes looked me up and down before she leaned against the barre. She looked at me with an intrigued gaze like she knew I'd be hers. "So, are you still looking for a date?"

A sigh escapes my lips as I'm contemplating how to answer her question. "Well..." I paused. "It's complicated," I admit because it was.

She didn't believe that, chuckling at my words. "What's so complicated about it?" She pried. "Still gotta make a promposal or something?"