bookworms part 1

Fitz's POV

"Sophie!" I said, flashing my amazing movie-star smile. "Wanna come sit next to me?"

Sophie smiled apologetically. "Sorry!" she said. "I promised Keefe." She sat next to Keefe, setting her tray down on the table. She kissed him on his lips. Ugh, she always says that. When's it MY turn? Our whole group was at a training camp, which would make us all part of the nobility. Not just like team Valiant, but even higher than that. Finally, I'll be in one of the really high positions at a really young age. The Vackers are the best of the best.

"Did you finish the Harry Potter series yet?" Sophie nudged Keefe.

"Oh my god, YES!" Keefe practically screamed. "It's like, my favorite book series ever. It's literally so much better than Daddio's book about Empaths."

"The ending's so good, right?" Sophie questioned.

They kept chit-chatting and talking about some human thing called ships. I remember that my dad told me that I should try reading Harry Potter but I was eating pratt— wait! I was... uhh... cleaning my room!

Everyone was in their own little conversation. Sophie and Keefe were talking about books — they're such nerds, or actually, Sophie's a really cute bookworm —, Wylie, Maruca, Tam, and Marella were talking about what they thought people in the Forbidden Cities would eat because they didn't have dwarves, and Biana, Lihn, and Dex were talking about making a sparkly robot or something. I was alone. Even the bodyguards were talking in the far side of the room about who-knows-what.

Wait... were Sophie and Keefe talking about Hermoine and Ron? I think they're Harry's best friends or something. Now was my chance!

"Guys!" I said. I was across from them on the table. I took a bite of my mallowmelt before continuing. "I ship Harry and Hermoine!"

Silence between the three of us.

"Umm... hate to break it to you, buddy, but Harry and Hermoine are like siblings. Keefe said with his eyebrows raised. "And Ron and Hermoine end up together."

"So do Harry and Ginny!" Sophie burst in. Keefe pecked her on her cheek. Sophie giggled. I glared at him so hard. Sophie's smile was soft though. And then they started some whole conversation about 9 ¾ or something. I don't know.

I quickly finished my food and a bottle of orange-flavored air and got up. "Hey, Sophie!" I said. "I'm going to go and read. Wanna come?"

"Ooh! What are you going to read?" She replied. She looked excited.

"The first Harry Potter book," I said with a grin. This was my real chance.

"Oh..." Sophie shook her head. "Sorry. I can't come. I thought you were going to read something short. Keefe was going to take me somewhere."

"Oh, can I come?" I said. Whatever they were going to do, I was in.

"Nope, sorry. Team Foster–Keefe only!" Keefe smirked.

Or... I wasn't in.

Great.

I got up and put my tray on the counter of the kitchen. I sighed. When was the amazing Sophie Foster going to like me?

515 words... I actually like this section even though I like Sokeefe so much and I ABSOLUTLY HATE SOPHITZ