no excuses

Sophie's POV

"Hey Keefe!" I hopped through the doorway of his bedroom. I was wearing my oversized, ice blue hoodie with pockets and my black leggings. My hair was tied into a messy bun with a few strands sticking out. Ugh, they always fall out of whatever hairstyle I have my hair in. I had just a bit of ice blue eyeshadow on and Vertina convinced me to add some blush.

"UMM, EXCUSE ME, I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!" Keefe screamed.

I looked at him, confused. "Yes, I know... we're dating,"

"I know, I just still can't believe it," he replied. "So, why did you come to Candleshade? Daddy Dearest is going to be spying on our every word."

"Umm, do I really need an excuse to see you?" I asked him, sitting on his bed. His entire room looked noticeably clean, and there were no clothes on the floor.

Both of Keefe's eyebrows raised. "I–I mean... uh– umm....."

"Relax. Besides, there's going to be another sleepover at Everglien. Are you coming? It's tonight. I'm already packed." I pointed at my bag, which was filled with clothes and stuff.

"Oh—uh... yeah, sure, I'll come. Just, can you wait a minute while I get my stuff?"

"Sure!" I pecked Keefe's cheek before he stood up. I looked around the room. His desk had a ton of his notebooks on it, each one a different color. Red, gold, green, silver. I reached for the gold one and flipped through the pages. There were doodles of me and Keefe together, like times when he found out his mom was dead and he cried into my shoulder so hard, the time when he found out that Fitz hit me and he kept consoling me. I felt my eyes tear up.

"Foster? What are you doing?" I heard a voice say. Oh no. I turned around to find Keefe wearing an ice-blue hoodie and holding his bag which was filled with clothes and hair products.

"Oh... just looking through here..." I mumbled, drying up my tears. He dropped his bag.

"Hey. Are you okay?" He said, wrapping me in a hug.

"Y– Yes. I... I'm just so glad I have you."

"I'm glad I have you also." He pulled away and grabbed his bag. "Ready to go?"

"I'm ready if you are,"

"Well then, let's go."

389 words! It's short but I like it.