sokeefe vs fitzphie part 2

PART TWO OF SOKEEFE VS FITZPHIE

Fitz POV

"Hey, Sophie," I jog up to her as she sits underneath the Panakes tree, playing with Wynn and Luna. "Can I talk to you?"

Sophie avoids my gaze but scoots over and pats the spot next to her. "Sure." I sit down and watch her rub Luna's head.

"So, you know how we broke up," I start, feeling nervous about what I'm about to say. She's not going to like this. At least we're on speaking terms.

"Yes, Fitz," she turns to me. "And I told you, I'm not looking for a relationship right now." I feel disappointed, but on the plus side, that means that Keefe most likely won't get a chance with her.

"Oh, shoot, I forgot that school starts tomorrow. I have to go... bye Fitz," Sophie says, almost like she wants to get away from me. She gets up and sprints inside her house. I sigh, feeling like there's no way she will ever like me back. (A/N because there ISN'T!!)

Keefe POV

As I hear a familiar voice calling out my name, I feel a sense of... what's the word? Comfort. "Keefe! I'm here!" Sophie's voice echoes through my mind. Without hesitation, I rush down to the first floor to welcome her in.

"Hey," I greet her. "Come on in."

As Sophie's gaze meets mine, I can't help but feel a twinge of empathy for her. "Are you okay?" she asks.

She seems really worried for me. I take a deep breath and reply, "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for asking. Do you want to go to my room?" I don't usually invite friends over, but I know that I can trust Sophie.

Walking up the stairs hand in hand, I feel a sense of ease, as if everything is just right. As we enter my room, Sophie jumps on my bed, her hair flying around her. I sit down beside her, and we talk about everything that's been going on recently. Ro is away with her dad in Ogre-Land, so it's just the two of us.

"Oh my Gods, Keefe," Sophie says. "You don't know the things I have to do to get away from Fitz." I can see her annoyance, and I nod in agreement. It's one of the things I love about Sophie- she's so oblivious to her own charm.

"But for real," she continues. "He was asking about our breakup of all things." As she looks at me, I can see a hint of mischief in her eyes. "I don't like him at all anymore. I've got my eye on... someone else." My heart races as she winks at me. Sophie Elizabeth Foster, of all people, winked at me!

Sophie then sits up and leans her head on my shoulder. I stiffen, but the shock wears off. I can feel her warmth, and it makes me feel like there's nothing else in the world.

Sophie POV 

I don't know what's come over me. Some kind of confidence I never would have had on my own. Something, just something about Keefe had me feeling excited and giddy. 

"Keefe... I have to tell you something," I say, and the nervousness comes out. I'm not sure there's  a way to tell him that I like him, because he doesn't like me back. He probably likes Lihn, or Biana. 

"Me too..." he says, looking out his many windows. 

Suddenly, Lord Casserole barges into the room. And he looks MAD.

"KEEFE SENCEN! WHY IS YOUR REPORT CARD ON THE CEILING OF YOUR AWARDS ROOM?!" he screams.

"You told me to bring my grades up!" Keefe says, lifting his hands and putting on an innocent expression. I laugh internally, knowing that Casserole will kill me if I laugh out loud.

"...I did say that," Casserole says. He shakes his head and walks out the door. I giggle and laugh against his shoulder. He bursts out in a fit of laughter. And we started laughing and chuckling and giggling like little kids. 

So maybe I do have a chance at winning his heart.

Well duh, you do!!

Nothing to day, so byee!

Word count: 672