Fire🥀

Chapter 31: Fire

I grinned at Peter who just winked at me playfully before he left me alone to get ready. Today, I was going to be the school's president. 

We were all going to a ceremony for that. 4 hours were left.

I kept reciting my speech when I paused in between "What was the line after this?" I groaned I was messing up my speech and I didn't have much time left.

I ran up to my mum, Lee Mi Chae "Mom! Do you have my speech with you?" I asked her. 

"I don't have it Minho. I think Jeonsuk might be having it" I nodded at her and made my way to Dad.

"Dad, where's my speech??" I tugged his sleeve "Oh Lee know. I think...It was in the car" He threw his car keys at me and I caught it "Where is it parked?"I asked, getting ready to leave. 

"the parking lot near the public park" I gave him a confused look "Why so far?" He ignored my question and kept fumbling with his stuff. I sighed and took my leave from there.

It didn't take me a while and I took my speech out of the car. I smiled and started revising it. I was walking slowly as I still had a lot of time. But when I reached I saw a thong of people near my school.

I was confused.

My legs moved on its own and then ran past the crowd. As soon as I was near enough the building. 

I stared at the building wide-eye

The smell of burning filled my nose.

The school was on fire.

I saw people running out of the school barely making out fine with no injury. It was happening too fast to process. But then he crossed my mind.

Peter.

Without a second thought, I found myself running towards the burning school. 

I was only a meter away before a hand grabbed my arm and harshly pulled him from there. I didn't realize I was crying. The necklace on which Peter and I engraved our initials loosened and fell off and I  tried to catch it but I was yanked back away from the fire.

Away from my mom.

Away from Peter.

I saw how the fire was blaring up, I could hear the screams of people.

They were all suffering.

But still,

Everything was on fire but I was the one who was suffering.

ᒍIᔕᑌᑎG'ᔕ ᑭOᐯ

I gulped down a scream when he landed a hit on my stomach "D-dad stop it" I sobbed "I-it hurts" I raised my hands to block out the hit.

He scoffed "Thank the lord, I am tired today" With that, he spun on his heels and left me alone in the cold living room. "It would've been so much better if you were dead"

Tears welled up in my eyes. They made it obvious they wanted me dead but they never said it.

It was raining heavily and I could hear the sound of rain hitting the window's glass muffled. 

Everything hurts.

I tried to get up, my I was too weak to do that action.

I somehow managed to stand on my feet but then I raised my head only to let out a frustrated groan when I saw the stairs leading up to my room.

It took me 10 minutes to climb the stairs and when I reached my room, I softly lay on my bed, not caring a bit about treating my injury.

I heard someone cry.

And without thinking twice I walked up to them. As soon I touched their back, he turned around raising his hand, I flinched but then he stopped in his tracks.

He was ethereal.

His face looked unreal.

His every feature was so detailed and gorgeous and his eyes-

oh, his eyes were beautiful.

They were sharp, feline, and full of passion.

That was the time I met Lee know Hyung.

He became my support and a shoulder that I could cry on. He told me that he would protect me and I was his responsibility now.

He was someone I never knew I needed.

Today, He was going to be the school president. I was very happy for him. He was revising his speech and I felt leaving him alone for a moment would be good.

I winked at him playfully before I left the room. I was wandering around the hallway when I saw Mi Chae, Lee Know Hyung's Mother.

She was kind, sweet, and everything a nice person was. I first called her Mrs. Lee but then she insisted I call her by her name. 

I hopped up to her, feeling very happy but when I saw her face my smile dropped. She was all sweaty and her face was filled with terror.

"Are you okay Mi Chae?" I asked her gently. Her eyes softened immediately and she crouched down. "Honey, Listen to me okay?" She cupped my cheeks.

I nodded at her, clueless "I need you to go outside of the school and-" She froze for a second "And bring me this stuff" She handed me a list of something. 

"Aye aye, captain!" She laughed lightly and gently pushed me towards the exit. 

"Take your time. I am not in a hurry" She said.

It took me a while to reach the store and when I opened the paper, I stared at it confused because the paper was blank.

Maybe Mi Chae gave me the wrong paper.

I didn't think about it anymore and went back to where the school was.

My mouth fell agape when I saw the fire brigade, ambulance, and a huge crowd. My eyes trailed up only to see the building turning into ash.

But then he crossed my mind.

Lee Know Hyung.

My legs moved on it's on and I was a few inches away from getting inside. I coughed when the smoke entered my lungs. This caused me to crouch down a little, I opened my eyes and the sight of the ground came into my view and

His necklace.

The necklace, Lee Know Hyung and I engraved our initials on.

I picked it up as fast as I could. Tears were streaming down my cheeks. The smoke was now choking me.

I ran back to the crowd and started looking for him.

But then everything went black and I saw the ground coming towards me.

I hv written the epilogue. Should I just post all the chapters at once?

EAT A EGG!