Letting go🥀

Chapter 33: Letting go

It was taking too long for Minho's heart.

Even though Minho was on the verge of passing out because of lack of sleep and eating, He still stood at the airport waiting for the car to arrive.

He was in Busan.

He was where Jisung was there. His everything was here. As soon as the cab pulled up in front of Minho, He didn't waste a heartbeat before getting in the car.

On the way to Jisung's apartment, Minho fought an entire battle in his mind. The conflicting thoughts were driving him crazy. He sighed and clutched his necklace holding it close to his hammering heart.

When he realized he had arrived, He took a deep breath and stepped out of the car not forgetting to pay. He muttered '325' continuously under his breath, his eyes looking for the certain number on the door.

He perked up when he saw the number on the door. With a trembling hand, he knocked on it. 

No answer.

He repeated the action.

Once

twice

and then he kept going on.

Giving up, he sat right beside the door. He pulled his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arms around his legs. He rested his head on his knees and took deep breaths to calm down. He felt the tears pricking at the corner of his eyes, but he refused to let them fall.

He has already wasted too many.

And he thinks, he is at no place to cry after what he did and said. 

As Minho waited, he felt his eyelids growing heavier and heavier. Despite his best efforts, he couldn't fight the exhaustion any longer. With a soft sigh, he leaned his head to the side and let himself drift off to sleep. It wasn't the most comfortable position, but he didn't care. 

He dreamed of Jisung's smile and the way his eyes sparkled when he laughed. He dreamed of holding Jisung's hand and walking together under the bright sun. The sound of a door opening woke him up from his peaceful slumber. He rubbed his eyes and looked up, hoping to see Jisung's face. 

Instead, he saw a stranger staring down at him with a mix of confusion and concern. Minho blinked a few times, trying to get his bearings. Then he remembered where he was and why he was there. 

He scrambled to his feet and apologized to the stranger for sleeping outside his door. The stranger nodded politely and went inside, leaving Minho alone once again. 

Minho sighed and checked his phone. He sat down on the ground, leaning against the wall, and closed his eyes once again.

It was almost dark, Minho was sure. He was sitting here for 6 hours now. He was losing hope.

Maybe Jisung isn't really here.

He decided to wait for another 2 hours.

As Minho waited, he heard footsteps coming towards him.

 He opened his eyes and looked up, and his heart skipped a beat when he saw Jisung walking towards him. However, Minho's joy was short-lived when he noticed that Jisung was limping and had bandages all over his arms and face.

Minho instantly reached out to help him but Jisung backed off, Jisung's eyes dilated when he saw the older. Both of them stared at each other "What are you-...what are doing here?" Minho couldn't control anymore, as soon as he heard the younger's voice.

How broken.

How painful it sounded.

He broke down. Jisung was confused but after seeing Minho every word, every kiss, every affection, every curse, everything came flooding into Jisung's head