Chapter 7

Walking out of the Haunted Classroom, Saphira looked ahead in the hallway leading to the Toy Plaza and main dining room. This hallway has always seemed odd to Saphira, but it was understandable. The Toy Plaza was a rather large space, and because the room was built leading towards the back of the attraction, the hallway was needed for the connection to the Haunted Classroom. After all, Toy Plaza had the most animatronics for people to interact at one time. And being very popular, the space was definitely needed.

The hallway was certainly not as colourful as the Toy Plaza though. Leading up to the Haunted Classroom, the wallpaper on the walls would look torn and worn, and the tiles on the floor would be cracked and dusty, with fake shoe prints in the fake dust. It was a pretty neat detail in the hallway. Whereas, on the other side of the hallway, the wall painted on the left side of the hallway was painted blue with carousel horses prancing on green hills with a cartoon painting of Toy Bonnie, Toy Chica and Toy Freddy leading the way towards the door. It was big contrast to near the Haunted Classroom.

There was a set of bathrooms here on the right as well, along with a small cleaning closet. Not many people actually used these bathrooms, and they were often cleaner than the rest. Saphira used to only use the bathroom here because of that reason. She tended to not like the mess guests left behind in the other bathrooms, so she just used the cleanest one, and she did sometimes wonder if she was the only one at times.

But now, across from the door of the bathroom, was a curved wall. It was new, as the hallway used to have a straight wall on both sides, but part of the left side of the hallway had been knocked down to replace with a curved wall, curving out from the hallway itself. Saphira was definitely surprised as she stood in front of the wall, as there was a large door, currently closed and locked, that clearly would lead into the Bedroom of Nightmares.

The walls were still bare from any design, aside from under construction signs placed around, so people would not enter the space due to not being ready. Saphira wondered if that meant part of the plaza was cut off to make the space for the new area, because it seemed to be the case. The only thing that was definitely noticeable was an old, grandfather clock that was ticking rather loudly as it was working well, and letting everyone know the times. Saphira was certain that hearing it go off in the middle of the night was going to be creepy. And she knew how loud these things were, so she did not know how far the sound would echo.

Saphira looked at the door, impressed by what she was seeing and looked at Mike. "Seems like this will be cool. But does that mean a portion of the plaza has been cut into?" The man seemed surprised by the question. "I ask, because behind this wall..." Saphira gestured to the left wall of the hallway to explain what she meant. "Is the Toy Plaza."

"Well...yes and know. The plaza has been given more width to it to account for the small portion needed for the Bedroom of Nightmares." That was good, and it made sense. Saphira doubted that the plaza would look too different if that was the case. "It was the only way to fit this new attraction in. At least with the Mess Hallway, we had the room, and we will have room next to the chapel too for another attraction some other time."

"How exciting!" Saphira began to walk down the hallway again to proceed towards the Toy Plaza. "Might as well check in on the toy animatronics, and Golden Bonnie. Does she still have her story time house?" Mike nodded affirmatively, and Saphira was super happy to hear that. "Wonderful! I remember when Golden Bonnie arrived sometime after the original toy animatronics. I know she is the one of the few animatronics to speak, since she reads and tells stories. She has the sweetest, calming voice, and I would sit for hours listening to her. That was when I was...hmm...four, I think..." She shrugged as she knew that Golden Bonnie's arrival happened very soon after the toy animatronics, so she couldn't quite remember her age at the time. But she did know when Springtrap showed up, and she was five at the time, so she knew Golden Bonnie came before him. "It was a long time ago, but I certainly remember one time I sat on her knee while she and I were alone, and it seemed like she was surprised. I don't know why, but maybe because I was imagining things."