Chapter 9

Saphira stared at the screen as she stared at the blood trail on the tiles. She could not believe her eyes that this was something that probably occurs regularly. That man was now dead, and Saphira had no idea how to process this information. Saphira didn't even know if she could have saved that man's life from this death too, if she had checked the plaza more thoroughly. But she would never get that chance now. She was just left with shock and disbelief right now, because she did not know what to do.

If the animatronics were the reason why that man was dead, Saphira did not know how to feel about that. After all, she could not imagine the animatronics being killers. Saphira shivered as she stared at the screen for what felt like hours. She did not know if she should move from her seat or not. And she did wonder if she should ask Mike about it, since he could probably know about it. But since the cameras do not even record anything, he might brush it off.

Saphira tapped her finger on the desk as she thought about what to do. She had never encountered a situation like this before, and she was now understanding a lot more about when Mike said that this place gets to people. If this is what the previous night guards witnessed, she didn't blame them for leaving. And she now was not sure if she would stay as well after what she had seen. She was glad she didn't see the man getting killed, but she certainly heard him.

But I can't confirm it was the animatronics without actually seeing them do it...even though it is staring to make more sense as to how I would see Fredbear and Phantom Foxy...but they aren't meant to aggressive. Unless there is a whole other side to them that I never knew as a kid.

Saphira caressed her pendent around her neck nervously as she thought about different ways she could answer what had happened to herself. But there was really only one conclusion. And if the animatronics do kill people, then where do they take them? Saphira didn't think that they would get buried, but she would hate to think that there was a hidden room where there was a stockpile of bodies rotting away.

She shuddered with a grimace at the very idea of that. She took a deep breath and decided to see if she could follow the blood trail. She checked the camera in the hallway leading towards the Plaza to see the blood trail does not disappear. Then she checked the camera in the hallway by the storage closet, and the trail was turned towards the Haunted Classroom. That made Saphira whine a little as she knew where that was going.

She changed to the camera further up the hallway, before changing to one of the cameras inside the hallway of the Haunted Classroom. But then there was no trail. She frowned in confusion, because the trail did not veer towards the chapel. She checked several more cameras, but she still could not find what happened to the man. She checked a few more cameras, and she noticed that Springtrap was not present in the principal's office.

Springtrap's not where he should be. I wonder if...uh oh. Freddy, Bonnie and Chica aren't on their stage...

Saphira swallowed nervously not know what this all meant, because if the animatronics were not where they were supposed to be, then they were somewhere else. And Fredbear was still not on his stage either. Saphira shivered as she felt a cold sweat at the moment, and she was definitely a lot more nervous than she had been before. She really wanted to know more answers, but was afraid to know more.

But if I don't find out, these questions are going to keep me from sleeping...

Saphira looked at the tablet as it alerted her to more errors and rebooted the system again while she thought about what she should do. She felt like sitting in the office would not do anything but build upon her fear and imagination of what could happen while working here. She did not know if she would get answers from Mike when she would return for her next shift, so she felt like she should try and find some answers. And that meant leaving this office.