Chapter 5

Saphira was really feeling quite nervous and excited. She had just attached her new badge to her shirt. It was not a name badge, which was good, but it was just a simple, brass badge with a carving of Freddy with the word Security on it. It wasn't the best badge, because it was hard to see, but Saphira accepted it regardless. She had her new flashlight and set of keys on the desk for the moment, knowing she will need them. Especially the keys, since she did not know which key was which yet, so it would take a bit of time before she would get used to them.

"Now that you have your essentials, I am just going to go over a few, simple things that is required of you each night." Saphira nodded affirmatively as she listened to Mike with clasped hands. The man smiled kindly at the girl, as he could tell she was nervous. "When you arrive each night, you'll be expected to go through the backdoor..." Mike points to the door then gestured left in the direction of the backdoor. "I'll show you which key to use. You can come through the front entrance, but it is best you go through the back.

Saphira understood, even if she would love to just walk through the restaurant while it was busy. "Understood. I would only use the front door if there is a good reason...not sure what that would be though. The lot the building is sitting on is flat."

Mike chuckled softly. "That might be true, but right outside the backdoor is a dirt spot that gets extremely slippery and sloppy during any kind of rain or snow. In winter, you'll likely go through the front entrance most of the time, so that is not a problem." Saphira also knew she would want to stand in the warmth before the winter cold sets in on the place. "Alright, after arriving, you can just make yourself comfortable. Night guards don't usually interact with the guests, as the other staff can handle minor issues just fine. So just find something to do, like cleaning your desk and taking the time to check the cameras in case there is any guest who decides to sneak into the staff areas around closing time. That does tend to happen, especially by teenagers."

"That does not seem to surprise me. I'm still a teenager, and it does not make sense to me that anyone would want to sneak behind the scenes of any place where only staff should be allowed. No one ever knows the dangers of the staff only areas." The man chuckled lightly, agreeing with the girl's words. "There could be dangerous chemicals, forklifts moving around, pellet jacks being used and so on. So yeah, I will definitely be on the look out for them."

"Good. You have a mature head on your shoulders, I like to see that." Mike was definitely pleased with that, and Saphira was happy he was pleased. "That's pretty much the only thing to worry about until after the restaurant closes. We close at ten every night, except Halloween, but it will be after the other staff have left when you have to start doing your rounds of the building. Aside from the front and back entrance you have seen, we do have the loading dock, a small delivery door for the kitchen and the bar as well. Your job is to ensure all of those have been locked properly once the staff have left." That seemed simple, though it would mean she could explore the attraction if she wanted to. "After that, you can check the different areas of the attraction. The cameras don't cover every spot, and blind spots are not unusual."

Saphira smiled as she definitely was looking forward to being able to check the place, even if it was part of her job. She would get to see everything that was here, and see what might be new that had not been here when she used to come here, and if she could see any visual plans for new areas of the building. There was still a lot of room for the owner to expand on, so it will be exciting to see any further additions to the attraction.

"Aside from that, you can just come back to the office to watch the cameras and keep a watch on the tablet. After midnight is when the systems can get funny, and you'll have to reboot them." Saphira nodded as she listened to him finish off what was required of her to do each shift. "And if something needs a quick mop or dustpan and brush, that will be very helpful as well." Mike hummed as he thought on what else she would need to do. "I think that is about it..."