Chapter 3

Walking up to the two steps leading up to the doors, Saphira gazed up at the sign above with a smile. She really could not believe she was about to step inside the restaurant again after ten years. She knew it was silly to feel nervous at the moment, but she was also excited. She wanted to see what changes there were since she did not return. Breathing in the aroma of the pizza, she walked up the stairs and approached the automatic doors, that had transparent black and white checkers across the middle, which was the same colour as some of the tiles of the floor in the pizzeria. She looked at her own reflection before the doors would slide open.

Feeling the cool air of the air conditioner, Saphira stepped through into the front of the attraction. It was the lobby. When the restaurant first opened, it did not have a lobby. However, when the Toy Plaza began getting small attractions, like a mini carousel, large playground, jumping castle and a small room with tiny canons that shoot soft, foam balls at people, and the main dining area also gained a small pirate ship playground, the lobby became necessary. Plus, there was the small arcade as well. That was the favorite for most people.

Saphira looked around as she felt a huge sense of nostalgia flooding back. The floor had black and white tiles leading from the front door, to an arch doorway with a white, LED light around the rim of the doorway. That was definitely new. It did not have that the last time she was here. And on either side of the door were the cartoon version of the original animatronics, Fredbear and the toy animatronics waving to invite guests into the main pizzeria. Saphira smiled, as they definitely were there when she was here last. And the paint has faded over the years it seemed.

On either side of the lobby, there was purple carpet covered in bright, red Freddy faces all over, along with blue and yellow party streamers and party hats. It was new carpet, as the original carpet used to be dark red. And the carpet was more coarse and rough on the feet, but this new carpet was soft. Saphira remembered the many kids who got carpet burns on their knees from tripping or sliding on the carpet. Now it wouldn't be as easy.

There were a few bright, orange lounges around, along with some gumball machines, a toy claw machine filled with animatronic plushies and a drink vending machine. Fake plants were also placed around to give a bit of decoration to the room. To the right, there was a doorway leading from the attraction's gift shop. It was only a one-way door, so people have to enter the actual pizzeria to get to it. It was an automatic door too, whereas it used to be an open door with a couple people standing guard.

In front of the door of the merchandise exit, there were four solid, stands with glass casings on top, showing some of the most expensive souvenirs anyone could buy. Saphira was surprised, because that definitely was new. However, she saw one held a large ornament of a pirate ship, with Foxy manning the wheel. And the reason why it was expensive, because it was a crystal piece. Saphira shook her head with a smile, knowing people would buy it. If she had the money, she herself probably would too.

But she wasn't here to buy souvenirs. She was hear for an interview. She looked over at the customer service desk to the left to the entry into the restaurant. No one could get in without paying for a ticket. It was a ticket that would pay for the full experience here, or if someone has a birthday party to book. Saphira wondered if they still had the private birthdays rooms, as she remembered there were four. There might be more now.

Saphira moved to make sure she was not in the way of any of the customers who were here. Though she saw that there was no line up at the customer service counter, which also had some white, neon lights above that were new, and Saphira saw there was a brunette, middle-aged woman seated at the counter. She has not seen Saphira, though she seemed to be busy with something at the computer, so Saphira quietly approached the counter, knowing she would need to have Mike informed she was here.