The Other Women

Before I knew it the day of the dance was here. We had a half day of school so we could get ready early and so that some people could decorate the gym we were gonna use. The dance starts at 8:30 and it's 8:15. 

I drove to Ash's house to pick her up and we were going to meet the others at the dance. I get to Ash's house and before I even have a chance to knock on the door Ash's rushes out and gives me a hug. "Were you standing there this whole time?" I say as I hug her back. "Yeah. I got really excited. You look great!" She says admiring me "You look amazing as well!" I smile. She's wearing a dark purple and black suit. "Now hurry up! I don't wanna be late!" she starts shoving me to the car. "Haha, Ash we won't be late don't worry!" I start the car and we drive to the dance. 

It's 8:25 when we get there and I see Maple, Sal, and Todd putting up decorations. "Hey guys!" Maple says "I could use some help here" she's putting up banners "I'll help you!" Ash says. She smiles and runs over to Maple. Todd is setting up drinks and Sal is sweeping. I walk towards Todd to see what drinks he's putting out "Ooo, what do we have here?" I say handing Todd some more cups "We've got fruit punch, water, ginger ale, root beer, and coca cola" he points to each of the drinks "Niceee. So I'm guessing Larry is gonna be late?" I smirk "Nah, he's just in the restroom" Sal says putting the broom away. 

Few seconds later, Larry comes out of the bathroom. He's wearing a light brown and white suit and he looks...really fucking hot. Same long hair though. Just looks like he brushed it a little bit more. "Hey Larry. You look nice" I say putting my hands on my hip. "Thanks. You look great" he smiles. Something I like about Larry is the gap between his teeth. I know some people aren't into that but I certainly am. 

After we get the dance set up, a bunch of kids come through. We have drinks, dance, some people kiss and I think Maple and Ash were one of those people. We dance to the song All Star by Smash Mouth. This is probably the most fun I've ever had. Everyone is laughing and smiling and it just feels so nice. 

The song My Love Mine All Mine by Mitski comes up. Which means it's time for the slow dance. "I'm just gonna freshen up in the restroom Larry" I point to the restroom "Alright I'll be waiting" He says and winks at me. I quickly use the bathroom, touch up my make-up, and put some perfume on. I think Larry is gonna ask me out tonight. I don't know why but I just have a feeling. The way he looks at me, and talks to me. I think he wants to start a relationship. I smile at the thought of being with Larry. "I should probably go back out now" I say to myself. I don't know how but I think the gym got more people. I have to squeeze through but I don't see Larry in the place where I left him. 

I see maple though. She's slow dancing with her friend Phillip. "Hey Maple, have you seen Larry?" she shakes her head "No I haven't sorry Y/N. Ask Todd I think he saw him" She points to Todd dancing with his boyfriend Neil. I run over to them "Have you guys seen Larry?" "I saw him talking to Sal a couple seconds ago" Neil says. I sigh and walk over to Sal whose dancing with Ash. I didn't ask Larry to play hide and seek for f's sake. 

"Hey Sal. Do you know where Larry went?" Sal doesn't say anything but I could see through his mask that his eyes got wide. He just stares at me. He looks worried. "Uhh Sal. Is everything okay?" He doesn't say anything but his eye quickly dart over to the side. I look over to see what he was looking at "Wait Y/N don't-" Sal tries to stop me but I already see it. 

I swear the room started spinning around the song I Bet On Losing Dogs by Mitski started playing but my heartbeat was so loud that I couldn't even hear the music. Larry was dancing with some other girl. Her skin was fair with freckles all over her and she had a green long dress on. Her orange curly hair went past her shoulders. I couldn't see her face but Larry looked in love. I took one step back. Then it went dark.

Editor: OOOOOO DRAMA! What are your thoughts? What do you think is gonna happen next? Why do you think Larry is dancing with another girl?