New Bestie, New Look

My mom was still at work when me and Maple got home so we had some time to chill without being asked a thousand questions. "How should we do the research to find her?" I say grabbing a bag of M&Ms and sodas. Maple takes one of the sodas I hand her "Not sure. Todd is usually good at this kind of stuff" I scoff "Well I'm not talking to him" I cross my arms. Maple smirks 

"I'm really liking this loner doesn't take crap thing you got going on" Her eyes go wide "You would look great in trad goth" I try to think of myself looking like that "Really? I don't think I would" I take my laptop out of my bag "You would look totally hot. I'll bring some clothes and makeup and dress you up" Maple takes a sip of her soda. 

We both get our laptops out and try to find out  who the girl Larry was dancing with is but we had no luck. We thought about asking the teachers but we decided to ditch that idea since we don't want anyone else coming into this drama. Me and Maple type stuff on our computers but then I hear her stop typing 

"Hey...Y/N?" she looks away from her computer screen "Yeah?" I say still looking at my screen "Do you still even care about this?" She says shutting off her laptop "What do you mean?" I say also shutting off my laptop "Well, it seems like you don't really care about this and just want something to do" I think to myself. Maple is right. I don't really care about finding who the girl is. And I don't really care about Larry, Sal, Ash, or Todd. I mean, I still REALLY like Larry. But I guess I just stopped caring. "You okay?" Maple asks with worried eyes "Yeah. You just got me thinking things now" Maple chuckles "Sorry. Hey, how about we watch dumb Dhar Man videos" she says putting her hand on top of mine. I smile "Sure" 

We watch some really stupid Dhar Man videos together "Over Minecraft?!" I say eating a bunch of candy "I've never played Minecraft and I never will" Maple says. I hear my phone get a notification and I check it. I got a message on Instagram which I forgot I had. I click on it and I get a text from 'Lar.J' saying "I'm really sorry. I can explain everything to you" I make a face of disgust and Maple notices "What's up?" she says pausing the video "Larry texted me on insta" I show her the text. 

She makes a face "How did he find your instagram?" I roll my eyes "I bet Ash told him" Maple nods "Makes sense. She's always giving away people's social media" she rolls her eyes "What should I respond with?" I say drinking my soda "I say let him explain. But not through text. When we get to school he can explain it" she sits closer to me as I type my response. He replies with "Okay I'll meet you in the school yard and we can talk" I don't even reply with anything. I just leave him on read.

................................................................................................................................................................

"Maple are you sure I'll look good?" "Yes I'm sure. Now close your eyes. I need to put on the eyeliner" Maple dragged me into the school bathroom to try the trad goth look on me. "Anddddd done!" She pulls out a mirror (This is what your wearing and idc if you don't like it) 

 "Anddddd done!" She pulls out a mirror (This is what your wearing and idc if you don't like it) 

"Woah. Your moms dress looks really good on me. Are you sure she's okay with me wearing it?" Maple nods "Yeah. She says it doesn't fit her anymore anyways so it's okay. The hair looks good too right? You thought I used too much hairspray but I think I did just enough" She puts the makeup in her bag. I gently touch my hair "Yeah it looks really good" I check my phone. 

"Oh crap. Time to meet Larry in the school yard" I roll my eyes. Maple gets a sad look on her face "Y/N?" "Yeah?" I say walking out of the bathroom "Do you think you will still try and date Larry after this?" she follows me out "Well it depends. If his story is something like he just found her prettier then no. If it was a misunderstanding then..maybe. Why?" We get to the back door "Just wondering...you sure you don't want me to go with you?" She says holding my hand. I smile "I'm sure" She smiles and lets go of my hand. 

I go into the school yard and see Larry sitting on the bench scrolling through his phone. I take a deep breath and walk up to him "Hey Larry" He looks up and his eyes widen "Y/N! You look..Uhm...is this some type of phase or??" I sit on the bench "Just trying a new look. Maple helped me out" he puts his phone down "Oh. Well. You look good" I side eye him "Just start explaining things" "Yikes" He says 

"Well first off I just wanted to say I'm sorry. And that girl I was dancing with is my friend Nancy. She's just a childhood friend and she's from Paris and came to visit. I didn't know and my mom must have told her where I was cause she randomly came up to me while you were in the bathroom. It felt rude saying no to dancing with her because she doesn't know anyone else. When you left I explained who you were and she felt really really bad. She's back in Paris though but she wanted me to tell you she was sorry" 

He holds my hands "Can you please forgive me?" I feel my heart pounding in my chest. And I swear you can see me blush through the white make-up. Fuck I forgot how handsome Larry is. "Of course I forgive you!" I blurt out. He smiles "Do you forgive the others too? We all miss you. Especially me" I smile and nod. "Good" He kisses my cheek. My eyes widen 

"Ash wants to have a sleepover this weekend and she wants to see you there" I think for a little bit. "Sure what the heck" I chuckle. He chuckles too "Well I better get inside" He kisses my hand "I'll see you later" he goes back inside the school and a couple seconds later I do too. "What happend?!" Maple says making me jump. I sigh and explain to her the whole thing. 

"He kisses your hand? Is he horny or something? He never did that to me" "I don't know but it was so romantic" A feel a big charlie brown kinda smile form on my face "Oh and Ash wants to have a sleepover. Do you wanna come?" we walk to our lockers "Are you sure that's a good idea? Larry is gonna be there and that might be awkward" I open my locker "It'll be fine. You'll have me" I swear I saw her blush for a second "Yeah I guess that's true" I go to math class and she goes to history. But for some reason I can't shake a weird feeling off of me. Feels like someone is gonna jump on me.

Editor: I GOT CRAMPS AHHHHHH. Anyways, what do y'all think?