Hyunjin & Flix: who I Wanna Be (Angst, Fluff)

Paring: Felix x Reader x Hyunjin
Style: Romance, Angst, SFW, Friendship, fluff
Word count: 3,603
Warning: cheating! Heartbreak

. . .

Y/N and Hyunjin's relationship had been flourishing, like a garden in spring. Hyunjin, with his magnetic charm and warm smile, had always made Y/N feel like the center of his world. But that evening, at a Stray Kids concert, things took an unexpected turn.

As the concert began, Hyunjin's usual laser-focused attention on Y/N wavered. His gaze kept drifting to a girl in the front row, a fan who seemed to captivate him more than the thousands of lights around. Y/N, standing at the side, felt a knot form in her stomach. Each glance Hyunjin sent towards the girl was like a tiny dagger to her heart.

Felix, always observant, noticed the shift immediately. He saw the hurt flicker across Y/N's face and knew he had to do something. Throughout the concert, he made extra efforts to engage with Y/N, grabbing her hand during a high note, shooting her winks, and singing parts of the songs directly to her. He didn't speak a word about it, but his actions spoke volumes.

Y/N appreciated Felix's gestures, but they couldn't mask the pain. Hyunjin's distraction was too much. Excusing herself, she slipped out for fresh air, her heart heavy.

Backstage, the atmosphere was tense. Hyunjin, frustrated, couldn't shake off his annoyance. He felt Felix's actions were an overstep, flirting with Y/N so openly. As the members gathered, his irritation bubbled over.

"Why were you all over Y/N tonight, Felix?" Hyunjin's voice was sharp, cutting through the room's silence.

Felix, usually the peacemaker, didn't hold back. "Maybe because someone else was too busy eyeing another girl!" he retorted, his voice rising. "We're supposed to interact with fans, Hyunjin, but you... you were fixated on her. What about Y/N?"

The room fell into a stunned silence. The others hadn't noticed Hyunjin's preoccupation with the fan, but now it was glaringly obvious.

Hyunjin was at a loss for words. His mind raced, trying to piece together a defense, but nothing came.

"I'm going to find Y/N," Felix declared, grabbing his coat and turning to leave. "And you," he pointed at Hyunjin, "should stay here. She doesn't need to see you right now."

Outside, Felix found Y/N, tears streaming down her face, her sobs muffled by the night air. He approached gently, draping his coat over her shoulders against the chill.

"Hey, it's okay," Felix whispered, pulling her close. "Hyunjin... he's just doing his job, you know?"

But Y/N shook her head, her voice broken. "It's not just that, Felix. He was so... focused on her. How can I compare?"

Felix held her tighter. "You don't need to compare yourself to anyone, Y/N. You're beautiful, kind, and you're more than good enough. Don't ever doubt that."

As Y/N's sobs slowly subsided, resting her head on Felix's shoulder, a comforting silence enveloped them.

Meanwhile, the tension backstage was palpable. Minho finally broke the silence, his voice laced with disappointment. "Hyunjin, what were you thinking? You have someone who cares about you, and you risk it all for what? A fleeting glance?"

Felix's care had a soothing effect on Y/N, his gentle touch and the warmth of his coat wrapped around her offering a sense of security amidst the emotional chaos. As she regained her composure, Felix, ever attentive, suggested they head back inside. "Let's get you cleaned up and comfortable," he said softly, leading her by the hand.

Back in the green room, Y/N kept her gaze low, not ready to confront the others, especially Hyunjin. Felix, protective and understanding, subtly gestured to Hyunjin to keep his distance. He sat Y/N down and began to gently help her remove her makeup, interspersing his actions with light-hearted jokes. His efforts were soon joined by Jisung, Seungmin, Minho, Jeongin, and Changbin, who chimed in with their own humor, gradually coaxing a few genuine laughs from Y/N.