Jeongin: I'm Sorry (Fluff, Angst)

Paring: Jeongin x Reader
Style: Angst, Romance, Friendship, SFW
Word count: 3658

. . .

Y/N and Jeongin were amidst the roaring crowd at a basketball game, surrounded by the rest of the Stray Kids members. The atmosphere was electrifying, with fans cheering and the game intensifying. Y/N found herself seated cozily next to Jeongin, with Felix on her other side.

"Wow, this game is incredible, right?" Y/N shouted over the noise, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

Jeongin nodded, his focus partly on the game and partly on Y/N. "Yeah, but not as incredible as watching it with you," he replied, a hint of nervousness in his voice.

Felix, overhearing their exchange, chuckled and nudged Y/N playfully. "You two are always in your own world," he teased.

As the game progressed, the trio cheered and jeered along with the crowd, getting more engrossed in the excitement. During a break, the big screen started showcasing couples in the crowd, prompting them to kiss - a tradition that brought laughter and cheers from the spectators.

"Look at them!" Y/N exclaimed, pointing at a couple on the screen who shyly obliged the crowd's request.

Suddenly, the camera panned to Felix and Y/N. They were taken aback, realizing they were being mistaken for a couple due to their proximity.

"The crowd thinks you're a couple!" Jeongin said, his voice laced with a touch of discomfort.

Felix looked at Y/N, his cheeks tinting red. "Should we just go for it?" he asked, half-joking.

Y/N, caught in the moment and the excitement of the crowd chanting for them, nodded. "Just a quick one," she agreed, laughing nervously.

Their lips met briefly, but the kiss unexpectedly deepened, their movements syncing in a moment that seemed to stretch beyond time. When they finally pulled away, both were visibly flushed, their eyes locking in a silent acknowledgment of the surprising intensity of their kiss.

The Stray Kids members watched with wide eyes, a mix of shock and amusement evident on their faces. Jeongin's expression, however, was hard to read. His usual playful demeanor had vanished, replaced by a cold, distant look.

As the game ended, the group started to leave. Jeongin remained unusually quiet, his thoughts a turbulent sea. He couldn't shake off the image of Y/N and Felix kissing, the laughter that followed, the way they now seemed slightly closer to each other.

Y/N, sensing something amiss, approached Jeongin. "Jeongin, are you okay? You've been really quiet."

He didn't respond, his pace quickening as he tried to distance himself from the scene that kept replaying in his mind.

"Jeongin!" Y/N called out again, reaching for his arm.

In a sudden outburst of pent-up emotions, Jeongin whirled around, his eyes blazing. "What do you want, Y/N? To gloat about your little moment with Felix?"

Y/N recoiled, shocked by his tone. "Jeongin, it was just for the camera, nothing more."

"Oh, sure," Jeongin snapped, his words laced with bitterness. "You looked pretty into it for something that was 'nothing more'."