_School's A New Pain_

Sun rays shine through Naruto's bedroom window. He blinked his eyes about three times before Ami came walking into his room with her cup of coffee.

"Hey sweetie, you gotta get up. School is starting in an hour," she said sweetly.

Naruto pushed the covers off his body and sat on the edge of the bed rubbing his eyes. He looked down at the ground and remembered that there weren't metal tiles underneath him with scratch marks. Or the room feeling cold anymore. Worst of all, he didn't see his friends.

"You okay honey?" Ami asked.

"Um, yeah yeah. I'm fine." He said.

She put her coffee cup aside on his end table and sat down next to him. She rubbed his arm.

"Sweetie, it'll be okay. Your friends won't be there for much longer. You'll see each other soon." She said.

He gulped, "Thank you for this, adopting me. It's just....my friends and me just," he stayed quiet, "Close."

"You all seem like family." She said.

"They were the only ones I had, I guess until now." He said.

Ami smiled and kissed the top of Naruto's forehead, making him smile a bit.

Natsu walked in with his toothbrush in his mouth, "Mom have you seen my other shoe?" He asked until he saw them.

"Sorry, did you want a moment?"

"Hush Natsu and check the laundry," Ami said.

Natsu walked away as Naruto stood up.

"Come on sweetie breakfast is on the table." She said again.

Naruto scratched his head saying, "Do I have to go to school?" He asked.

"Yes. Now up." Ami repeated.

Naruto groaned falling back on the bed.

The academy was rather huge and looked more like a college campus.

"See ya mom," Natsu said.

He hopped out the front seat in his uniform; grey dress pants, white button-up, a red, grey, black and white tie, and a black blazer on top.

Ami waved goodbye to her son as she turned to Naruto in the back seat.

"Ready?" She asked.

He sighed but nodded. Ami locked her car up and started walking with Naruto up to the campus.

Natsu approached his best friends who were over by the Sports Drink stand.

"Hey," Natsu said quickly, reaching for a blue drink.

"Hey, Natsu who's the blonde with your mom?" Natsu's best friend, Gray asked.

Natsu turned around taking a big gulp of his drink before saying, "That's the dude my parents adopted at that orphanage down the street. I guess two sons are better than one, even more, if one isn't even blood-related." He explained.

"They actually went through with it?" Jellal asked.

"Heh, what's his name?" Gajeel asked.

"Naruto," Natsu said in a mocking tone.

"Don't like him?" Loke asked.

"Well besides the fact that the damn kid doesn't know if he even has powers, he's hogging up all my parent's attention. Just a bit annoying." Natsu snapped.

"Well, his first day probably won't be an easy one," Gray said.

"Believe me, it won't," Natsu said.