4

Bailey

When my eyes slowly opened I blinked a few times, rubbing the sleep away as I yawned. When I was a little more awake I realized I was sleeping in a bed, not the couch. That made me smile while grumbling, "And he told me I was stubborn."

After a few more moments I got up, Petunia getting up as well. Once I walked out of the room I knew I was alone. I walked into the kitchen to see a note on the table.

Good morning Bailey. I'll be at work by the time you read this, I'll be back around noon. I'm taking an early day so we can go into town to get you some clothes and anything else you might need. Feel free to eat anything you find in the fridge or pantry, I already threw away all the blueberry flavored items I had, some grapefruits as well. Also feel free to take a shower, please make yourself at home. See you this afternoon.

David

I held the note against my chest with a smile before realizing it was eight thirty. I made my way into the bathroom, taking care of my bladder before jumping into the shower. The water was so warm and felt so wonderful, I never wanted to get out. The shampoo smelled nice and clean, the body wash smelling very manly.

After getting out I stared at myself in the mirror once drying myself off. How was I supposed to handle this mop of curls on my head? I sighed while staring at the wet locks, should I brush it? That made me look around the bathroom to see if there was a brush anywhere, not finding one. After wrapping a towel around myself I wandered into his room, still not seeing one. I opened the drawer in his nightstand, instantly seeing one. "Jackpot," I said while grabbing the brush.

A picture at the bottom made me stop, the brush forgotten as I picked it up. The picture showed a younger looking David hugging another guy from behind. They were both laughing and looked really happy, a ring on the other man's ring finger. I flipped the picture over to see someone wrote 'He said yes!' on the back. David was engaged? No one else lived here and there wasn't a ring on his finger. I wonder what happened, did they divorce? When I turned the picture back over I looked between the two faces again, feeling the love between them. I carefully put the picture and brush back, not wanting to do anything with my hair now.

As I wandered back into the bathroom and got dressed, I glanced down at my ring finger. Was I ever engaged? Did I have a boyfriend or girlfriend? I wonder if there was someone out there who was worried about me. Who was my first kiss with, did I have one? My hands gently touched my stomach while realizing I'd never know if I lost my virginity, who it was with and where, or if I had ever done anything sexual.

I forced myself to keep getting ready before looking for something to eat. By the time I ate and played with Petunia a little, I heard tires coming towards the cabin. That made me run over to look out the window, David's SUV coming into sight. When he parked and got out I stepped out onto the porch saying, "Welcome home!"

He instantly looked up at me, instantly smiling. "You look really rested," he said while walking towards the door.

"I would've been more rested if I had slept on the couch like I intended to."

That made him laugh while saying, "I highly doubt that."

"Would you happen to know anything about curls? I don't know if I should try to brush my hair or not."

His eyes suddenly got distant, making me think back to the picture. The guy he was hugging had dark curly hair, not quite as curly as mine. It made me feel bad even thinking about it, I wasn't trying to snoop. "I think-"