Epilogue

Bailey

One year later

"I thought you left an hour ago." Glancing up from my computer I saw Ben leaning against the doorway, looking tired.

"I was about to, but I noticed something in this proposal I needed to fix."

"I'm sure it can wait until Monday."

With that I yawned, making me realize I'd been at this a little too long. "Probably." After I stretched I asked, "Are you free tonight? We could grab a bite."

He then glanced at the watch on his wrist while saying, "Jenna is requesting pizza. She already ordered from a local place but I need to go pick up pickles. Her cravings are getting stronger." When Jenna found out she was pregnant, we had a party. I couldn't wait to meet my little niece or nephew. While I didn't want kids of my own, I'd be the best uncle ever. "Plus, you can have more time with your man."

Just thinking about David made me smile, this past year has been the best ever. Just waking up every day and getting to see him by my side was everything. I loved coming home to him, I loved sharing our lives together.

"You don't need to tell me twice. He actually took today off which he hasn't in awhile. He's been working too hard lately, I'm so glad he took time off."

"Maybe you guys need another Fiji getaway."

"Don't tempt me," I said while glancing at one of the framed pictures on my desk. The picture was of our vacation last year, all of us huddled together on a boat laughing and smiling. "That was one of the best trips ever."

After stretching again I started shutting down my computer, noticing Ben was still looking at me. "What?"

"Nothing," he said while standing up off the doorframe. "Can't I be happy seeing my brother?"

"Sure," I said as he laughed. "Are you heading out then?"

He nodded while looking at his watch again. "I need to go grab those pickles and pizza. Talk to you later?"

"Sounds good. Have a good night."

With that he saluted me, making me chuckle as he walked away. I sat back in my chair and looked around the office, smiling as I thought about the past year. I was really enjoying working with Ben, and luckily, he also enjoyed it. My eyes glanced at the framed newspaper article on the wall, the one that was also hanging up in our front lobby. The article talked about my memory loss, how we grew even closer and are now running the family business together. There was a picture of Ben and I at the bottom, a picture I loved.

Another picture I loved was the one next to my computer of David and I. Lola had taken the picture one night when we were having dinner with David's parents. We were playing Uno and I was laughing because Hunter had made me draw a ridiculous amount of cards. David was sitting next to me, a smile on his face as he looked at me. I just loved the picture so much, and loved that Lola said that was how David normally looked at me.

After everything was put away I grabbed my phone and called David, who picked up after a few rings. "Hey sweetheart."

"Hey, sorry I ran over later than I was planning to tonight. I wanted to finish up that project I was telling you about before the weekend."

"No need to apologize, don't feel like you need to rush."

"I just feel bad," I said while getting into my car and starting it. "You had the day off and we could've done something fun, but I just worked all day."

"Don't feel bad Bailey, I had a lot of running around to do today. And I actually took a nap, which was much needed. But I don't want you feeling bad at all, you hear me?"