Stage 6

Scarlett's POV

I sat in my car parked in front of my fathers mansion. Today we're having a family dinner, I came early to help out with the cooking. Then I'm also here to see my fathers. The whole family is coming, so I'm not that happy about this. Grabbing the pill bottle from my glove-department, I throw one pill into my mouth. The pills help me from going into a rut.

One day the pills won't be effective if I take it for too long. I headed to the front door and knocked, and no answer. "I like to break into houses!" As I was about to knock again the door swung open. Then there's Austin, my dad, he holds a broom and pokes me with it.

"Hi dad." I say with a smile, looking at his short ass.

"Sometimes I regret having you."

"Love you too."

"Here you can sweep." He hands me the broom with a smile. "I'll be helping your father in the kitchen." As I stepped in he walked deeper into the mansion. I follow him all the way to the kitchen. I didn't want to sweep but no point to argue.

When we get into the kitchen I see my father, Kayden. He's chopping up potatoes, more like murdering them as he slims the knife into the cutting board. "Your father is pissed so try not to make him more pissed."

Popping up beside him as he pays no attention. "Hey."

He looks at me for a second. "Ciao tesoro." He spoke in Italian before switching to English. "What are you doing here so early?"

"I'm here to help of course, let me cut the potatoes before you lose a finger."

He grumbled before giving in, he gave me the knife and sat down. I get the job done when I remembered I completely forgot that I was supposed to sweep. When turning around I see my dad about to beat with the broom. I grabbed it from him before he could swing.

"OK! I'll get to sweeping, damn."

***

After sometime of my dad forcing me to sweep dinner has started. Everyone was bring all types of sweet shit. I already said I'm not clean up after no grown ass adult. Since my father hates Mike, he couldn't come as Eloise's "fake" boyfriend for free food. My father is already drunk and arguing with my aunt Lillian who is slightly tipsy. Me and Eloise just drinking while watching them.

"You Kayden!" Lillian puts her finger all in his face. "You're the biggest bitch in this family, I was taking care of you and the others when we were younger so I'm your mother!" She clears her throat. "In a way."

"Bitch the last time I checked you were a man in a dress!"

Lillian's wife, Cressida, grabs her before she starts fighting with my father. Then my dad slap some sense into my father. Me and Eloise laughed together at that.

"How many siblings does uncle Kayden have again?" Eloise says.

"Nine, I never seen all of them though."

I threw back the rest of my wine before taking another bite of my food. I see my other cousin, Warren's, wife who was just married into the family. Her name was Grace. I think.

I leaned over to Eloise and whispered. "Isn't that Grace? She look terrified about what's happened."

"Well yea, I'll go talk to her."

I watch as Eloise walked away. Smiling thinking about last night when I went to see Asher. He truly was a delight to my taste.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of someone coming in from the front door. When I see who it was my heart dropped, all my fears coming back.

"Guess who's out of jail!" Thomas said.

————————————————————————
I pulled it together and typed it on my phone.