Stage 9

Scarlett's POV

"Where the hell have you been?" Mike says as I stood in front of him. He told me over 30 minutes ago to go to the store for eggs and come right back.

"I got distracted." I hold up a bag with a carton of eggs in it. "The eggs are right here, and I also brought someone along with me." Looking back at Asher as he looks around the kitchen.

"Scar, I'll never understand your weird ass." He snatches the bag from me. "You can't keep bringing people here!" Mike continued to fuss as he walks over the fridge to get cooking.

Eloise comes down stairs, she seems to be just waking up. "Good morning..." she mumbled as she sat down at the counter. "Asher, what are you doing here?"

Before Mike could open mouth I answered for him. "He's here to have breakfast with us."

She nodded then proceeded to fall asleep on the counter. I sighed shaking my head, looking back over Asher he's eyes are darting everywhere. "Asher, what's wrong you've been quiet?"

"Maybe he's scared because he's in the home of the woman who nearly choked him to death." Mike says as he flips a pancake. I grab an orange from the fruit bowl and threw it at his head. Without a doubt I didn't miss.

"I'm just thinking about... work." Asher conceded.

"If I was you I wouldn't consider that place as work. It's just disgusting sometimes if you think about it." I'm making it sound like me and him didn't foreplay over a month ago.

As Mike put plates of food on the counter and woke Eloise up when I get a look on my face. Mike looks at me trying to read my eyes but fails. Shoving a piece of bacon into my mouth then looking back at Asher. "Asher you should work for me."

"No!" Mike yelled at me, but when I put my hand up it made him stop. Eloise was just as shocked at my words.

"Wait, work for you?" Asher said with a brow raised.

"Sí, if you work for me you'll have somewhere to stay rent free."

"Where?"

"Here, we have enough rooms for another to live here."

It was quite, other then Eloise's loud chewing that she's doing on purpose. Mike is throwing up his hands and silently yelling, as we all wait for Asher's answer. He pokes at the food on his plate as he thinks before finally saying something. "I need time to think about that, I don't think I want to kill people."

"Killing people? Those words never came out my mouth, I do all the killing, your job would be counting money more like." I put a piece of pancake in my mouth. "Give me your phone." I held out my hand, he then unlocked his phone before giving it to me. I put my number into his contacts before handing it back to him, "Give me a call when you make up his mind." 

"What do the Scarlett .M? What's your last name anyways." He says putting his phone back in his pocket.

"Muse, Scarlett Muse."

"Oh."

"Is there something wrong with that?"

"No just never heard a last name like that."

————————————————————————

Mommy Muse