Stage 8

Asher's POV

Today I decided to spend some money on myself, it's been a month since I last seen Scarlett. It's been so peaceful with her out of the way, it's more like she just disappeared. Then on the other hand I smelled like her for almost a week no matter how many times I've bathed.

There's a cafe nearby that's popular, it's early in the morning so it's not packed as usual. Once there I notice that the outside sitting is actually packed. Sitting inside it is then.

Just as I make it to the door someone catcalls me. My head snapped over to where it came from and I see the devil herself. Scarlett. She looks crazy right now, she's in her pajamas obviously. White tank top, grey sweats, just with a jacket on. Surprisingly not in her house shoes.

Scarlett smiles when she sees me looking at her. Then gesturing to come over and sit with her. Will the gods save me now?

I walked over to her and sat down across from her. Her eyes are puffy and red, it's not that hard to guess she's been crying. "How have you been doing?" She says with a smile.

"Fine until seeing you."

"You want me to leave you alone?"

"Yes."

"Only if you talk to me for a while."

I let out a deep sigh, this woman will appear over and over if I refuse. I conceded her a nod, crossing my arms and digging my fingers into them. "What you want to talk about exactly?"

"Advice is all I need." Scarlett scratched the side of her neck until it turned red. "Let's say a family member did something bad to you. Would you tell the whole family what happened or keep it to yourself?"

"I would tell the whole family, it always has been effective a lot."

"But what if, your whole family is violent and would end up killing that family member?"

Stopping and thinking this time, I don't know exactly where she's going with this but I can at least try. "It depends on what happened, but it's your situation."

"Damn, you're to help like the others." She mumbled under her breath.

"Others?"

"You haven't eaten breakfast right?" Scarlett changes the subject instantly. "Would you like to over to my place? Mike is good at cooking."

Even though I was just about to buy something from the cafe. I can't turn down free food. "Yea sure, wait why you're here if Mike is cooking breakfast?"

"Long story." She stands from her seat. "Come on, before I change my mind."

I got up instantly and followed her back to her car. A Jeep a fucking Jeep, isn't she rich in a way? Not a peep comes out of me when she starts driving. Scarlett frowns the whole time whiling looking at the road.

When she stopped at a red light she looked over to me and sighed. "Asher, open the glove department and give me the white bottle it's unlocked.

"Uh ok..." I opened it like she said, I was expecting to see guns or drugs. Instead it was lots of candy and white bottle she was talking about. Shrugging I give her the bottle, she opens it taking a pill dry before giving it back to me.

"What's wrong, Asher?" She asked as she continued to drive. "You look confused."

"Nothing, nothing at all."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

After a while of driving in silence we finally made it to Scarlett's house. It was a big family house with two stories and more luxurious then I expected. Scarlett is smiling and looking at the front door. I look for myself and I see Mike standing there frowning with his arms crossed.

————————————————————————
Mommy's home