Chapter 9: I notice Larkin's first signs.

Olivia's POV:

I smiled at myself. I felt that Larkin liked me. But I didn't know how much. I guess that I'll have to waiit.

***

It was two days until Larkin's 18th birthday. We were finished at school. But we still hung out in Inkwell city. I was so happy. The four of us, including Mackenzie were allowed to hang out. Mackenzie's speech was better now. She could say a lot. But still struggled.

"Hey," I signed to her one day.

She waved back at me.

"How would you like to go for a run in your wolf?" I asked her.

Mackenzie nodded. "You maybe have to help me along, though!"

"That's fine," I said. "Larkin and Kinsey are waiting for us in the park!"

"Okay," smiled my sister. "Someone has a crush?"

"He knows already," I sighed.

"I'm teasing you, Livvy," said my sister.

We both giggled. Then I ran behind a bush.

***

Soon, we were in our wolves. I gently lead my three-legged sister along the path to the park. She smiled at me and caught up.

"Ah, here they are," came Kinsey's voice.

"Hey, you two," said Larkin walking to us, petting us both on the head. "Good girls."

I smirked and licked his hand gently. He chuckled and took Mackenzie to a bush so she could shift.

"Hello, Olivia," said Kinsey petting my snout. "You are a kind sister to help Mackenzie here."

I grinned and smelt something strong in the air. It was the sent of Larkin. It had changed. The smell of his wolf was more strong. It smelt like Strawberry and vanilla ice-cream. I whimpered and pawed the ground nervously.

"What's wrong?" Kinsey asked. "Can you smell him? Is it almost time?"

I nodded. Then whimpered.

"It's okay," said Kinsey hugging me. "Remember, he was blessed with it."

I pointed a paw at her.

"Me?" She questioned. "Do I want to be wolf?"

I nodded.

"I don't know how!" Sighed Kinsey. "She didn't bless me."

I shrugged. Then I saw Mackenzie and Larken come out. Larkin was talking to my sister.

"Go and change," said Kinsey petting me. "Then we will go and get a bite to eat!"

I nodded and ran behind the bushes.

***

When I came out with my favourite dress on, Larkin smiled and came over.

"Aww, Livvy!" He smiled. "You look so beautiful."

"Thank you," I said with a smile. "You look dashing!"

We both blushed at that. Then I cleared my throat.

"What?" Questioned Larkkiin.

"I think you are close, now!" I said. "I can smell your wolf in the air."

"Really?" Asked Larkin.

I nodded. "Even in wolf, I smelt it!"

Kinsey came over. She hugged me.

"Don't worry about me," she said. "Maybe there will be a way for me to join. But not sure how!"

"I'm hungry," said Mackenzie, making us all laugh.

"Okay okay," said Kinsey. "Let's go to somewhere!"

We all nodded and walked out the park. I had my bag over my shoulder. I felt so happy! But also felt bad for Kinsey!

—————

A/NN:

Here is chapter 9! Hope you enjoyed this one.

See you on Wednesday for chapter 10.

Wolfie out!