Chapter 18: The day before the first cub is born.

Larkin's POV:

It was seven months later and Olivia's mood was very strange. We would be walking along either in the Human world or in our pack territory. I watched her belly as it expanded with our little baby growing. We found out it was going to be a girl and went into thinking about names for our little princess. We both came out with the name Memphis.

Olivia was in our den, getting restless. She looked round for me as I trotted in with yet another rabbit in my jaws.

"I think it's nearly time," she whimpered. "It's hurting me. I just want our little Memphis in the world."

I put the rabbit down and nuzzled her.

"She will be here soon," I reassured her. "Here. There is a rabbit for you if you want it!"

Olivia nodded and went to where I put the Rabbit. I watched her as she ate the animal. Maybe I should go and find Kinsey and Hero to send them for more food. Olivia was so hungry and I couldn't carry much on my own.

"How are Kinsey and Hero?" Olivia asked finishing her last bit of her rabbit. "Haven't heard much from their den."

I sighed. "Not sure, exactly. They keep themselves to themselves."

"I'm sure Kinsey is okay," said Olivia. "Remember, you found it hard to ajust  to it at first. Kinsey will be okay."

She suddenly whimpered in pain. I put my head near her belly and nuzzled her. I looked at the size of her and licked her gently to soothe her pain. That was what Delilah and Jackson told me to do. Olivia relaxed, but still whimpered. Then I felt the baby move.

"Looks like she maybe happy with the food," I told Olivia. "And that she's almost ready to make her appearance."

"I hope so," sighed Olivia. "It hurts me."

I gently nuzzled her belly, telling our little princess that I was here with them.

***

It was the next day, and we managed to get through laybour  with Kinsey, Mackenzie, Hero, Delilah and Jackson being there. Olivia went straight to nursing our little baby. Aww. She was so cute!

"Little Memphis," said Jackson. "She's so adorable."

"She looks so sweet," said Mackenzie trotting up and smiling down at little Memphis. "Hello, little one. I'm your Auntie Mackenzie."

We all smiled as the little wolf looked up and gave Mackenzie a smile.

"She's so sweet," said Mackenzie. "You are the  best parents for this little princess."

"Agreed." Kinsey came over next. "Aww, hello!"

Memphis turned her pretty head and smiled up at her. All our hearts melted at the sight.

"This is too cute," I said to Olivia.

"I know, right?" Olivia smiled. "I thought I wouldn't be a mother."

"And here we are," I said, nuzzling her. "Our little Memphis."

"Are you thinking of having more?" Delilah asked us.

We went quiet. We weren't sure.

—————————

A/N:

Here is chapter 18. One more chapter to go, my friends. But this next chapter is set six years time. It kind of sets up what happens in book 2.

I hoped you liked this chapter. I didn't want to add the giving birth bit because it might of been graphic.

Aww, little Memphis. Her siblings might be in the next chapter? Wait and see.

For now, Wolfie is signing out!

See you tomorrow for the last chapter!!!