Chapter three

At the moment, Harry could only stay on the couch and stare ahead at not just the Malfoy family, but Severus Snape, his potions professor at Hogwarts. Harry's eyes had widened, even his mouth hanging open with some surprise at what he was told by Severus. The man was there to help him? Nothing made sense to Harry anymore. The only person who wasn't giving him the creeps and mass amounts of uncertainty was Narcissa because though she was a Malfoy, by marriage; the woman had never done anything to him in his last fifteen years of life. Lucius had tried to kill Harry in second year, and he was there when Voldemort came back to life almost two months ago now. Harry knew Lucius was a death eater, and inside Voldemort's inner circle.

And Draco, that was enough said; the two of them had been rivals since first year when Harry rejected his friendship after Draco insulted Ron. With Severus, Harry really didn't know what to make of that. Yes, Harry knew that Severus had been looking out for him in first year because Quirrell had jinxed Harry's broom and Severus was muttering a counter curse to help him. Then there was also third year, where Severus nearly got himself killed against a transformed Remus Lupin as a werewolf. Severus also inadvertently taught Harry the spell he used against Voldemort, Expelliarmus; the disarming charm.

Severus wanting to help and making it known is what made Harry cautious. Sure, the man had been looking out for him, but to openly admit it? The other instances were because they needed to be done, and Severus was a teacher; it was his job to safeguard his students. So why did Severus now want to actively help Harry? Didn't Severus hate him? The weirder bits were Lucius and Draco wanting to help. Harry didn't know what to believe or think, but he supposed he could be cautious and hesitant until things were proven to him. Harry knew he'd be safe with Narcissa and Severus, and he trusted Narcissa. She, much like Molly Weasley, displayed the motherly affection towards him.

"He's been silent for ten minutes," Draco commented quietly.

"I think he's in shock," Lucius replied to his son.

"That would be my guess," Narcissa shrugged. Harry finally seemed to snap out of his stupor and his eyes glanced to the people around him. "I know it's a lot to process, Harry," She informed the fifteen-year-old. "But I promise we speak the truth. I expect that you will require time and proof of intent through actions to trust us fully, but for now...Can you agree to give us a chance?"

"Not to offend your son, husband, or even you, Professor...But I have no problems trusting you, Mrs. Malfoy." Harry informed the woman as she gave a surprised look. "You've never wronged me. I may have only just met you, but I don't gather the feeling you're a danger to me, nor want to bring any harm to me." He said calmly.

"You'd be correct. I have no intent to cause you any grief or harm," Narcissa nodded.

"I do, however, have a problem with those three..." Harry motioned head to the other three males. "Mr. Malfoy was going to use the killing curse on me at the end of second year. And Draco has made it his mission to give me a hard time at school. Forgive my lack of faith in trusting either of them right away."

"No offense taken, Mr. Potter," Lucius told him. "You have fair reasoning as to why you won't trust my son and I. If it helps any, I apologize for trying to kill you. You were only helping that elf get away from me, and I was cruel to him."

"And you gave the diary of Tom Riddle to Ginny Weasley...Causing her to be possessed by a young Voldemort," Harry reminded.

"I am guilty of that as well," Lucius agreed. He couldn't deny it, and if he wanted Harry to trust him; honesty was required. "I had orders to follow."

"Why do you call him by his name?" Draco asked.

"Cause that's his name. Why hide it with that ominous he who shall not be named?" Harry responded. "I'm not afraid of saying his name, and I'm certainly not scared of him either."