Chapter four

Several days had passed since Harry learned that he was going to be living with Severus Snape and the man would double as his new guardian/caretaker. Harry was beyond confused, but Narcissa was able to explain to Harry easily that while she'd love to take Harry in; it just wasn't safe with the dark lord sometimes showing up at the manor. Draco had jumped in to inform him that when Voldemort showed up, his parents would banish him to Severus's house for safe keeping until Voldemort left. Narcissa continued with the explanation that Severus had very strong wards around his home and they wouldn't be affected by Voldemort, nor even Dumbledore without invite. Narcissa also promised that Harry would be safe with Severus and that things wouldn't be like they had been over the years at school between them. Narcissa suggested Harry try to see Severus as an uncle, if it helped make things more comfortable. Also in the time Harry had been there; he did sit down and talk to Lucius about his past with the Dursley's, but never going into a large amount of detail surrounding the abuse he took. Lucius marked down everything, and reassured Harry that there was more than enough to get Harry's custody transferred to Severus and the magical guardianship of Dumbledore over Harry suspended pending investigation.

Today was August 7th, 1995, and a Monday at 10:00 am. Harry had showered and gotten dressed, then eaten with the Malfoy family. Right now, he was standing with Lucius and waiting for Severus to come through so the three of them could go to Gringotts together and begin the process or stopping Dumbledore's guardianship and giving it to Severus. There was more too, but that was the big thing. Severus stepped through the floo and stood before Harry and Lucius.

"Are we ready?" Severus asked.

"I have all items marked to cover, but while I'm thinking of it. Harry, do you have your vault key?" Lucius inquired.

"I don't. It's never been in my possession. In first year, Hagrid had it. In second, Molly Weasley did. I don't know where it ended up beyond that." Harry admitted.

Lucius grabbed his list and marked something down. "I've added get you a new key to our list of things to accomplish at the bank." He said. "Unbelievable that you have not been given possession of your key. You should have had it when beginning at Hogwarts, or younger. All pure-blood kids get their key young, to a trust vault so they can learn money management."

Harry only shrugged. "I didn't know, and I'm only a half-blood."

"It doesn't change the principle." Severus informed. "Let's be on our way then," Severus said. "Harry, be informed now that when we arrive; you will have to submit to an inheritance test to prove you are who you say and then you'll tell the goblin handling your account that Mr. Malfoy is representing you and we can both speak on your behalf."

"Alright," Harry nodded.

"Then we're off to the Leaky Cauldron, via floo." Lucius informed.

. . .

The trio of males used the floo network from Malfoy Manor to the Leaky Cauldron, and quickly got into Diagon Alley from there. Lucius and Severus were wearing cloaks with the hoods up while they trekked to Gringotts. Entering the bank, Harry started talking to a goblin about sitting down for a meeting to go over his accounts and handle some business, which he was instructed to say by Lucius. It wasn't much longer until another Goblin approached.

"My name is Griphook, and I will be in charge of your business today, Mr. Potter. But first, identity is everything. May I see your key for proof of yourself?" The goblin said.

"I don't have my key, sir. It's always been in someone else's possession and I don't know where it is now." Harry admitted.

"We will have to run an inheritance test then. Right this way," Griphook led them to a quiet office inside the bank. First Griphook pulled out a parchment, then a dagger of sorts. "You need only prick your finger and let the blood fall here," He pointed to the space. Harry did as told, and waited as Griphook inspected the sheet of paper, then he set it down with a nod. "You are indeed Harry Potter."