Chapter 9

Harry had no words while he walked up the entrance to the manor. His home. The Malfoy's and Severus walked behind him, and said nothing to let Harry take it all in. Harry had expected a house that belonged to his mom or dad, not a mansion that his family on his father's side had owned for centuries, it seemed. Harry took in the stone path, the beautiful arrangements of flowers and trees along the sides, the fountain in the middle. Harry loved it and he hadn't even been inside yet. Reaching the main door, Harry reached his hand forward to open the main entry door, but pulled back when the doors opened on their own as Harry stepped back to see female house-elf.

"Young Master Potter," The elf bowed and stepped aside using her hand to motion for Harry to come in. "Welcome home."

"Thank you," Harry walked into the house slowly, seeing all the elves present in the main foyer and bowing their heads.

"Welcome home, Master Potter," The elves said together.

Harry just looked around at everything he could see from where he stood. The high ceilings, doors, light fixtures, the massive double-spiral staircase; it was so much to take in and accept that this was his.

"Go on, Severus..." Narcissa whispered for Severus to ensure Harry hadn't overloaded himself at everything.

"Right," Severus approached Harry, setting a careful hand on his shoulder. "Taking it all in?"

"Trying to accept that it's mine..." Harry breathed out. "It's huge, I don't even know where to start."

"Maybe we should have had Black come along..." Severus muttered; it was a lot, even for him considering his home was considerably smaller in comparison. "He would be better to lead you around this place, seeing as he knows it."

"Can I call him over?" Harry asked.

"It's your house and he's your godfather. You don't need my permission," Severus said.

"But you're my guardian, so I can't just do whatever I want." Harry reminded.

"I appreciate asking first, so yes...You may call Sirius, but he shouldn't stay too long." Severus agreed.

"Okay," Harry paused. He had to find the fireplaces first.

"Harry," Draco stood beside him. "Use your elves, they can help. It took me forever to get used to Malfoy Manor as a child. There are times I still get lost." He offered.

"I don't know who they are. I have a list of names, but not pictures to know." Harry informed, holding the list in his hand. "And it's rude to just point or demand..."

Draco rolled his eyes as he approached the elf who closed the door. "What's your name?" Draco asked.

"This elf's name is Rissy," The elf replied.

"Are you the head elf of the Potter elves?" Lucius inquired.

"No, sir. The Potter elves do not have a head elf; he left this world ten years ago." Rissy responded. "It is up to the master of the home to select who is in charge of the rest. We've not had a master since Master James,"

"My father, and they've been gone since I was a year old." Harry mentioned.

"Will Master Harry be selecting a new head elf?" Rissy questioned.

"I might already have someone in mind," Harry stated. If Dobby wanted to remain in Harry's service, maybe he was the best option. "Rissy, can you show me where the main fireplace is in the house? The one my father might have used the most?"

"Rissy does not know where the active floo fireplaces are. The house has been under lockdown since Master James left with his wife and the unborn young master."