第十五

To say that Seonghwa is nervous would be an understatement.

He's terrified, so much so, that he wonders how he ever used to do things like this, how he had enough confidence to go home with someone he only exchanged a few words with.

How in the world he had been able to make eye contact with several men in one room at a lavish party and then wait for them upstairs to let himself be completely ravished all at once without a care for consequence.

Who was that person?

Where did he go, because right now, Seonghwa really needs him.

He's shaking in his chair, waiting by the front door.

He's already got his keys, his phone, his wallet, his medication.

He drowned himself in cologne and has made sure that the logistics of the evening will play out well.

He's already taken his daily shit, so there will be no need for that kind of thing while he stays overnight.

He's learned how to piss like a girl when circumstances require, and he will just wear tonight's outfit home in the morning.

He will keep Wooyoung updated on his whereabouts and Yeosang will assess his date when they make it to the restaurant just in case anything seems off about the guy.

Everything will be fine.

So why is he so nervous?

Seonghwa hates to admit it, but Hongjoong's words had gotten under his skin.

Hell, Hongjoong had gotten under his skin the last few days.

He could understand the nurse being cautious about Seonghwa's physical safety, but why was he concerned with his emotional state?

So what if Seonghwa wished for things to be like they were.

Who cares if he craves the attention, the thrill of getting lost in alcohol, drugs, or someone else's body?

Those had been the best days of his life, finally free and able to express himself while sticking it to his asshole of a father.

Once his brother had entered the service and decided to stay there, Seonghwa knew his father couldn't just abandon him; the man had to accept his son for the time being and Seonghwa had one hell of a time taking back his life after everything had went to shit that one night— the night Seonghwa first kissed Wooyoung.

"A neighbor called. They saw you kissing a boy."

Seonghwa remembers standing there in the front doorway, his backpack slung over his shoulder.

His mother was crying, his father was fuming.

The furious man asked his son if it was true and when Seonghwa had been too stunned to answer, he was slapped hard across the face.

"Was it Jung Wooyoung? Please tell us, Seonghwa. I have to let his mother know. I can't just let her think her son is normal."