第十六

"Well, this is unexpected."

Yeosang is standing in front of their table in his bustling restaurant wearing a mischievous grin.

"What happened to the date? Unless, Hongjoong here was the smooth-talker the whole time?"

Seonghwa snorts at this, seething into his menu.

He cannot believe that he's here, with his nurse, admitting defeat to a man that acts more like Seonghwa's mother than his actual mother.

It's embarrassing, but he didn't want to stay in that fucking apartment where his date's cologne still lingered in the entrance and small petals still lay on the floor.

Better seething over a good meal than in his lonely bed.

"It's just as well," the chef continues. "Hongjoong is handsome and I already approve of him, so..."

Before Seonghwa can retort, Hongjoong is speaking over him.

"Nothing is wrong. I just wanted to take Seonghwa-ssi out for a good time. He deserves it."

Narrowing his eyes, Yeosang looks between the two of them before straightening his chef's uniform.

"Well, alright, then let's have a good time tonight, yeah? I promised an amazing dinner and that's what you're going to get."

"I'm excited," the nurse blurts out, buzzing with energy. "I've never eaten in a place like this."

Seonghwa really does have to laugh at that.

Of course.

Hongjoong is hardly the type to tie his ratty shoelaces let alone dine in an establishment like this.

Although, the man did clean up quite nicely.

His outfit is clearly the best and most formal thing he owns, but it looks good on him— it's not the first time that Seonghwa has considered Hongjoong attractive and it certainly won't be the last.

"Oh?" Yeosang looks proud, standing with his hands on his hips. "Well prepare to be amazed."

"Modest," Seonghwa murmurs, seemingly delighting Hongjoong with his wit.

The nurse giggles and raises a brow at Yeosang.

"You brat," the chef spits, crossing his arms and looking down his nose at Seonghwa.

"I'm the finest chef in the city. I studied in Europe for three years and you come into my place of business and insult me. How dishonorable."

"Sorry, Yeosang," Seonghwa coos, setting down his menu and pouting mockingly.

He loves riling the other man up, partially because he actually considers Yeosang like a brother.

"Please, delight us with your culinary skill."

"That's more like it," Yeosang intones despite the jest. "Let me go get the first course. I'll also be selecting your wine for this evening."