第三十

It's frantic at the hospital, but they manage to find Wooyoung in the correct wing after what seems like a mad dash through the building.

It's later in the day, and the time difference has completely fucked with Hongjoong, but his adrenaline is so high, he swears he could run three marathons.

"Where is he? Is it too late?"

Wooyoung is sitting on one of the plastic chairs in the lobby.

A man is sleeping next to him, curled up in two chairs with a jacket draped over him.

"They took him back earlier than expected because his father insisted on it," he relays.

His eyes a red-rimmed and his usually clear complexion is blotchy and dry.

He sighs.

"He's been in there for eight hours."

"Eight hours? But the surgery was only supposed to last five at the maximum, right?"

Hongjoong feels sick.

He might actually throw up right here, all over Wooyoung and this random guy, so he sinks to the floor and tries to calm himself by rubbing his temples.

San had shown him how to do it on the plane.

"Yeah, it was only supposed to take five. No one will talk to us either because the translator is with Seonghwa's father."

"And where is he?" San questions, looking around with disdain.

Wooyoung grimaces and runs his hand through the sleeping man's hair.

"I don't know. He went back with Hyung when he was getting prepped but he never came back out and they won't let us back there obviously."

"When I see that man again, I swear.." Hongjoong ceases his rambling and whips his head up to Wooyoung.

In all his exhaustion, he almost forgot what he was here to warn them about.

"Wooyoung!" He exclaims, startling the elder. "Seongie is—"

"My half-sister, I know. Jun Ki," he motions to the man sleeping next to him, "found out about it a week or so ago. He was under the impression that their father told Seonghwa-hyung but once he got here and it became obvious that no one knew, he let the secret out."

"And Seonghwa-hyung still decided to go through with the surgery?" San asks, motioning to Hongjoong on the floor.

"Even after finding out that his father is using him?"

"Using him?" Wooyoung cocks his head. "I mean, sure, he was upset over getting lied to all these years but—"

Hongjoong rises to cup Wooyoung's face and focus all his attention on the nurse.

"You don't understand. His father has been paying off Seongie's family for years to keep quiet about her because your mother made him sign over part of the company to Seongie and her. They own it together but now that they're both... gone, that share goes to you."